Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Titan Quest 1.5 patch available

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Titan Quest

<a href="http://www.3dgamers.com">3D Gamers</a> has the <A href="http://www.3dgamers.com/news/more/1096485677/">1.5 patch</a> for <A href="http://www.titanquestgame.com">Titan Quest</a>. Here's all the things it fixes:
<br>
<ul><li>Fixed crash issues involving teleporting
<br>
<li>Fixed pathing crashes involved with entering and leaving underground areas
<br>
<li>Fixed crashes involving the Alt-Tab function
<br>
<li>Fixed crash issue which could occur when standing at the same coordinates as an item and attempting to pick it up
<br>
<li>Fixed a bug where items would occasionally fall through the world when they are dropped or unsuccessfully picked up
<br>
<li>Fixed a bug where storing manual character back-ups in the SaveData folder would cause those characters to not be visible on the character select screen
<br>
<li>Improved character auto back-up system
<br>
<li>Implemented texture reduction matrix which allows the low graphics settings to use more compressed textures and improves performance on low end systems
<br>
<li>Implemented the ability to turn shadows on and off. Shadows are currently on by default.
<br>
<li>To turn shadows off, go to the My Games\Titan Quest\Settings directory and open the options.txt file after changing any option in game. Find the setting called "Shadows" and change its value to false. If the setting does not exist, add the line "shadows=false" to the end of the options.txt file.
<br>
<li>Fixed the 'Fatal Error' message appearing when trying to boot up Titan Quest(tm) with Virtual Memory turned off
<br>
<li>Implemented a minidump file into the crash logging system</ul>
<br>
I just like that they added the (tm) to the name of the game in their changelog.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.ve3d.com">VoodooExtreme</A>

Surgey

Scholar
Fixed crash issue which could occur when standing at the same coordinates as an item and attempting to pick it up

It really makes you wonder how these bugs slip through. Maybe the next changelog will include "Fixed crash issue which occured when a player attempted to move north."

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
This is the patch that apparently will finally allow people to play it longer than 15 minutes so they can figure out it's not fun. The fun will have to wait for a sequel.

Surgey said:
Fixed crash issue which could occur when standing at the same coordinates as an item and attempting to pick it up

It really makes you wonder how these bugs slip through. Maybe the next changelog will include "Fixed crash issue which occured when a player attempted to move north."

What always confuses me is when bugs slip through which break the game 100% of the time. It kind of makes you think even the testers thought it was too shitty to finish.

Balor

Arcane
Well, as I understand, those bug were, he-he-he, intruduced by the prevoius 1.11 patch, cause I was playing version 1.08 and had NO such problems whatsoever.
And the game is indeed kinda fun in Diablo-like, actiony way. And, with my newly upgraded computer, shiny enough to please my inner graphics whore.
*shrugs*
Stil I'll exchange 10 games like TQ for a proper RPG.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
The game stopped random crashing after 1.11 patch. Still you have chances to CTD when you exit dungeon too fast (actually it crashed once :)). I think it's because of the "seamless gameplay" idea which doesn't work very well here. The problem with this game is that the whole fun starts half-Epic (Knossos) - you get really nice drops and enemies start to deal insane damage. Merchants have better items (old items have upgraded stats and there is much new stuff) and you can meet epic and legendary "bosses" like Talos, Manticore or Hydra. All of them are a real challenge and some are "unbeatable" (hehhe like Toxeus the Murderer). Of course you don't level up so often so you have to use some tactics (esp when any monster can 1-hit you). I didn't get to Legendary yet, but looking at Epic I know it will be really hard.
In D2 the difficulty was rising at constant rate - here the gameplay changes drastically.

Jim Kata

Arbiter
Saint_Proverbius said:
This is the patch that apparently will finally allow people to play it longer than 15 minutes so they can figure out it's not fun. The fun will have to wait for a sequel.
LOL

Dogsoup

Scholar
I was waiting eagerly for this patch. Ok I'm joking, in fact I don't give a damn.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom