Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News A Legionary's Life creator's next game is Roman centurion simulator Never Second in Rome

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Conquest and Rebellion

https://www.arobertigames.com/never-second-in-rome/

Never Second in Rome is a turn-based historical game with RPG and management elements. You take the role of a Roman centurion in the army of Julius Caesar.

In a Republic dominating the Mediterranean World and yet shaken by internal strife, still traumatized by the horrors of the civil war that marked the previous generation, the arrival of a new governor in your province will initiate a succession of events that will ultimately define the future of Rome and its empire.

Starting right before the beginning of the Gallic War, you will assume command of a century in a newly raised legion.

Key features
  • In addition to the main character, you will control the small army unit in your charge, your century.
  • Train yourself and your century, appoint your staff and discover the most remarkable individuals at your service.
  • Fight and lead your legionaries in real historical battles relying on a complex system of intertwined stats.
  • Turn-based individual combat involving not only your main character, but also the soldiers under your command.
  • Text-based events and narrative sections with many Attribute and Skill checks.
  • Great care and attention to historical detail and accuracy.
Demo
There is a free demo available for you to download and try out. It contains the initial chapters of the game.

Demo v 0.4.0 Windows

You can wishlist the game here.​

Hellion

Arcane
His website is probably outdated, there's supposed to be a demo available there but the links don't work.

Yuge news nonetheless.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
battle.png

building.png

This game looks like spreadsheet simulator 4000

If this is an RPG then Dominions and Heroes also are

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
A Legionary's Life is probably the best RPG of the past decade though, and it looks pretty much like that.

I don't doubt that it's good. Nor that it is *among* the best of the last decade. But besides the likes of Underrail, Grimoire, Knights of the Chalice 1 and 2, Kenshi, it was hardly *the* best.

Go play Legionary's Life it's a good game, very fun!

I will. This seems feature bloated though.

Bruno

Novice
Can you be promoted to command larger or specialized parts of the legion like you could in the century in A Legionnaire's Life?

Optimist

Savant
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Amazing. Legionnary's Life was very fun, good to see that we'll get a follow-up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom