Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Those Who Rule releasing in January

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: eBrothers; Those Who Rule

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1822060/view/4540282858481944932

Sorry for the later update, but I've narrowed down on a release month: January 2025!!

I've been nose to the grindstone on polishing up the demo for the Steam Next Fest that we'll be participating in starting TOMORROW! Really excited to see how it goes, as it's usually a major source of visibility for indies. This one has over 3,000 games participating though so we'll have to wait and see.

We also have a shiny new trailer to announce the new launch month.

Between all the demo updates and trailer creation, I also had time for finishing up chapter 8, focusing on a more tight experience. I have a new process for designing maps that I think is going to be super engaging.

The new demo is also released now, still up to chapter 3, but I've gotten a ton of feedback that I've already incorporated into the game.

For future changes, this next week I'll likely be focusing on doing the best i can in Steam Next Fest. During and after that it's pure chapter creation! At 12 hour days, chapter 8 took me ~4 days (map, new items, characters, events). I'm pulling 6-7 days a week right now so the goal is to have the chapters done by end of November. Leaving December/January for polish/playtesting.

Future
  • Chapter, chapters, and more chapters.
  • Finish up remaining elite classes.
  • Implement interesting items/weapons to enhance gameplay. (I'd love to hear your ability ideas to potentially put in the game!)
Thank you everyone for the continued support. It feels surreal approaching the finish line, but there's still much work to be done, and I'll make sure to keep you all in the loop every step of the way.​

Falksi

Arcane
Looks interesting. Nice to see an up and coming game without overly-colourful AIDS graphics.

Just downloading the demo now, will give it a blast over the next week or two.

R@tmaster

Liturgist
Fire Emblem system with random char bonuses in 2024. This is sad.

rSPQYZK.jpeg

So in typical Codex dysfunction you slag off a game you all could DL' and play for free in 30 minutes---happens to be a really fun demo, but what does my opinion matter, I only played it, but hey you fuckers can just pull out Fire Emblem (?)
Whatever...

cioran

33° Inspector General
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
So in typical Codex dysfunction you slag off a game you all could DL' and play for free in 30 minutes---happens to be a really fun demo, but what does my opinion matter, I only played it, but hey you fuckers can just pull out Fire Emblem (?)
Whatever...
Calm your tits, Poop from Neketaka, we are just underlining some of the issues we have with the game so maybe things can be improved. Talk about edgy and over the top reactions...

Drowed

Arcane
This is basically a hexagonal Fire Emblem without the cool animations – I imagine those would be too expensive to make (time-wise). To be fair, though, the combat system seems deeper with its skills. The portraits look cool, but the characters themselves look super ugly. The styles clash; they don't mesh well together.

Captura-de-tela-2024-10-15-095225.png

I mean, wtf?

I'm not sure what to think right now. It kind of looks like it could be okay-ish. I'll check back in the future, but I'll probably forget about it really fast, even if I put it on my wishlist.

Last edited:

Zeriel

Arcane
Whatever...
Calm your tits, Poop from Neketaka, we are just underlining some of the issues we have with the game so maybe things can be improved. Talk about edgy and over the top reactions...

What do you mean "improved"? It's like saying "I only want to improve Ultima by making it a first person shooter". If you don't like the style, just fuck off. And I say this as someone who doesn't like FE types at all.

Beastro

Arcane
This is the closest to a Western jrpg in the synthesization of aesthetics that I've ever seen.

I keep seeing anime, but then I blink and it goes away.

Last edited:

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
The animu aesthetic of the characters is really off-putting, but the game itself looks okay. I'm conflicted.

Falksi

Arcane
Gave the demo half hour this morning and wasn't impressed tbh.

The writing is just bad. Cliched setup stuff, but with two pet hates of mine. Firstly, it dumps it's world and events on you as if you are already familiar with it all, just something that really bugs me. Secondly, it's just really formulaic, right down to the predictable "flirting" with the female character. The game reeks of "reared on the internet".

Combat was OK, but fairly flat too. I only played three battles, so I dare say things may get better when they evolve, but none of those battles stimulated above a mediocre level. There really is no need to start things off so low-level.

Basically, they've got this arse about tit. The story is frontloaded, the combat backloaded, and it should be the other way around. Whoever developed this needs to go and play Shining Force 2 to see how to set up a game story wise, and go play Warsong to see how your early battles should play out. As it stands, it feels a very naive attempt at a tactics game. The back end of the trailer looks far better than what the demo has given me a taste of so far, so I've no idea why the dev didn't give us a taste of that instead.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom