Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Knights of the Nine hands-on at IGN

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

<a href=http://www.ign.com/>IGN</a> has managed to <a href=http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/745/745711p1.html>spend some time</a> with <a href=http://obliviondownloads.com/Coming_Soon_DLC8.aspx>Knights of the Nine</a>, <a href=http://www.bethsoft.com/index.html>Bethesda</a>'s first expansion pack announced for <a href=http://www.elderscrolls.com/games/oblivion_overview.htm>Oblivion</a>, which is scheduled for a November 21st digital and retail release, and as always aimed at consumers not feeling bad ass enough.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>
<br>
It seems an eldritch evil named Umaril, an Ayleid Sorcerer-King, has started causing trouble again. More specifically, he's responsible for murdering the clergy of Anvil's chapel. After speaking with a rather energetic prophet on the streets of Anvil a questline kicks off sending you to nine shrines across Cyrodiil. Along with the quest you get a map that marks all the shrines' locations. Though fast travel isn't possible, the spots are easy enough to get to even if you're just starting a new game.
<br>
</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Watch out, Bioware and Obsidian. Bethesda calls your bluff and raises your four dungeons routine to nine dungeons!
<br>
<br>
More information about Knights of the Nine <a href=http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=588235>here</a>.
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/745/745711p1.html">IGN</A>

Hazelnut

Erudite
The Gods have forsaken Tamriel.

A fallen King has been unchained from the darkness of Oblivion to seek vengeance upon the Gods who banished him. Only a champion pure of heart can vanquish the evil that has been released upon the land. You must heed the call, reclaim the lost relics of the Divine Crusader, and return the Nine to glory. New dungeons, characters, quests, and mysteries await.

Bwahahahahaha... :lol:

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Not much of a mystery, really.

Random NPC gives quest.

Another one spawns locations.

Each has enemies and loot.

Gather them all to fight the big evil.

Charge money for something one can do in the toolset in an afternoon.

Success!

Hazelnut

Erudite
Role-Player said:
Not much of a mystery, really.
... fight the big evil.
Exactly!

Role-Player said:
Charge money for something one can do in the toolset in an afternoon.

Be fair - I'm sure the new models & graphics have had significant effort put into them, and that could not have been duplicated in an afternoon.

Other than that this looks almost so dreadful that you can imagine that Beth are seeing just how far they can push things with the new fanbase..

I can't understand Bethesda's plugin policy. Why don't they put their efforts in a real expansion, with new landmasses, climates etc. ?

btw, I tried the "orrery" plugin, it's horrible. It features only one short, boring quest, and they didn't even create new inventory icons for the quest objects! Free plugins by modders are much better... and they're free.

Nael

Arcane
Sylvanus said:
$9.99?! That's a fucking ripoff. I can get a whole game from a bargain bin for that price.

True, but would said bargain bin game have "realistic" soil erosion? Huh..?

God, why do I even bother reading these Oblibion threads?

FrancoTAU

Cipher
I doubt I'll get far enough into Oblivion to care about this part when I pick up the Oblivion Platinum edition for 10 bucks 3 years from now.

Nael said:

Oblivion is a great game with some mods (one is "oscuro's oblivion overhaul"), but this "monthly $1.89 plugins" are absurd. As I said, there are countless mods for oblivion that are better and free.

Hazelnut

Erudite
The Vanished One said:
Oblivion is a great game with some mods (one is "oscuro's oblivion overhaul"), but this "monthly $1.89 plugins" are absurd. As I said, there are countless mods for oblivion that are better and free.

Please describe, in detail, what makes it such a good game for you... 'cos I wasn't able to find the good bit.

Chork

Scholar
The Vanished One said:
Oblivion is a shit game out of the box.
Modded to the gills, it's a shining beacon of mediocrity.

I'm not a big fan of the original NWN OC, but it was far more enjoyable and replayable than Oblivious.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I played Oblivion for one week after I bought it. I haven't touched it since. It's just... boring really.

Shoelip

Arbiter
I'm all out of sarcastic jibes, all I feel like doing now when I read this crap is try to figure out whether I'm disgusted or amused.

Oh wait I got one more. When you gaze to long into Oblivion, Oblivion also gazes into you. Or however it goes.

Hazelnut

Erudite
Thanks for scaring off the fish guys... what ever happened to waiting for the bait to be taken before reeling 'em in eh? :roll:

:lol:

Nael

Arcane
The Vanished One said:
Nael said:

Shut up.

AZ

Liturgist
Oh, no! Let him speak, I want drama! What happened to the codex?

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
The Vanished One said:
I tried the "orrery" plugin, it's horrible.
I believe I have a picture to describe this:
paydoor.jpg

Toby

Novice
GAME FATE

I like to play game FATE, but i cann't play in full version becuase it is only game Demo ! Does anyone have unlock code ? Please !!! i don't have enough money for buy it but i crazy this game, please give me . i need it , T T
thank a lot

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom