Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview J.E. Sawyer interview at RPGDot

Ausir

Arcane
Tags: Fallout 3 (Van Buren); J.E. Sawyer

<a target=_blank href=http://www.rpgdot.com>RPGDot</a> has interview the <a target=_blank href=http://www.blackisle.com>Black Isle</a>'s J.E. Sawyer. Here's the most interesting (in my opinion) part:
<br>
<ul><i><b>RPGDot: If you could do any game, regardless of money and developing time, what would it be? </b>
<br>
<br>
J.E. Sawyer: An adventure game based off of Norton Juster's Phantom Tollbooth children's book. I'd also like to make a rules-light Delta Green RPG, a light-future Earth adventure/RPG with strong art deco and art nouveau visual themes, and a pre-Fallout "Resource Wars" game set in collapsing Europe (during the U.K.'s invasions of the Middle East).
<br>
</ul></i>
<br>
<br>
Such game, linked slightly to the Fallout world, would certainly be interesting. By the way, AFAIR, the Middle East was invaded not only by the UK, but by the whole European Commonwealth.. You can read the rest of the interview <a target=_blank href=http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10053&ID=607>here</a>, anyway.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I think something right after the bombs fell would be more interesting than dealing with the fall of the European Commonwealth. Have a group of people who were sheltered somehow, and then go from there. No mutants, just people with shattered illusions of idealism in post nuclear war.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Yep, I also prefer the idea of people having a fresh start and taking another shot at reconstructing what's left of their society in a futile hope to make it right this time.

Eldar

Novice
Sawyer's an interesting fellow, but I wish we'd get more stuff from the designers on PS:T. Call it a bias, but I'm rather interested in the folks who put that baby together.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Saint_Proverbius said:
I think something right after the bombs fell would be more interesting than dealing with the fall of the European Commonwealth. Have a group of people who were sheltered somehow, and then go from there. No mutants, just people with shattered illusions of idealism in post nuclear war.

I agree, that could be pretty cool.

As for the interview, I would have liked more questions focused on J.E.'s design philosophies.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Azael said:
As for the interview, I would have liked more questions focused on J.E.'s design philosophies.
What? And leave out such an important question as "What historical person would you like to meet and why?" or "Who's your favourite actor"? :shock: The whole interview is like "10 lame questions to ask when you have no idea what to talk about", especially considering all the posts Sawyer made lately. Can't Saint score an interview with J.E.?

Mistress

Liturgist
Vault Dweller said:
Azael said:
What? And leave out such an important question as "What historical person would you like to meet and why?" or "Who's your favourite actor"? :shock: The whole interview is like "10 lame questions to ask when you have no idea what to talk about", especially considering all the posts Sawyer made lately. Can't Saint score an interview with J.E.?

He might find that easier if his email address wasn't banned from the IPLY servers.

triCritical

Erudite
This is quite possibly the worst interview I have ever read.

I can't wait for the part 2, where they discuss with MCA,

Q: What is your favorite TV dinner?
Q: What kind of couches do you like?
Q: What is your favorite candy bar?

And finally,

Q: If you were stuck on a deserted island with one person, what board game would you like to take with you?

Mistress

Liturgist
Well, I don't know about everyone else, but I do feel they left out some fairly important questions....like....what toilet paper they prefer....how many times they change their socks. It's all in the details.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Whats up with wanting to meet "baby" Jesus?

Adult Jesus I can see (though akin to meeting Mickey Mouse some might suppose) but Baby Jesus?

Maybe he has some Frankincense he wants to give him? :P

Vault Dweller

Developer
Here is a good one: If you were a tree what kind of tree would you be? :lol:

HanoverF said:
Whats up with wanting to meet "baby" Jesus?
May be J.E. would try to strangle him and thus thwart the rise of Christianity? :twisted: Artistic minds, you know, they see everything through the "what if" glass. :lol:

triCritical

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
May be J.E. would try to strangle him and thus thwart the rise of Christianity? :twisted: Artistic minds, you know, they see everything through the "what if" glass. :lol:

Well if he did this, all the information regarding to his major, assuming he specialized in European History would be changed. Imagine waking up and finding your degree worthless. And don't say a history degree is worthless, it obviously can get you a degree as a web designer for a major publisher.

DrattedTin

Liturgist
But he'd have great anecdotes.

"I ever tell you guys about the time I strangled Baby Jesus?"

"You're socool JE!"

Rosh

Erudite
That was an interview? It's not like you couldn't go onto the BIS forums or Interplay forums and ask the same utterly inane questions.

I call it an astounding waste of everyone's time, especially anyone misfortunate enough to read it or bother loading up the page.

I want my three minutes back, goddamnit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom