Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Diablo 2 patch 1.10 chat log stuff

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Diablo 2

<a href="http://www.diabloii.net/">DiabloII.net</a> has posted <A href="http://www.diabloii.net//pressdesk/bliz_chat-03-06-19.php">this chat log</a> which asks and answers various questions about the upcoming patch for <a href="http://www.blizzard.com">Diablo 2</a> that a lot of people seem eager to check out. Like these:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><b>Q: Will necromancers skeletons be improved?</b>
<br>
<br>
Blizzard: Oh my, yes. We are bumping up the life and damage your Skeletons get from Skeleton Mastery, as well as really beefing them up in their individuasl skills.
<br>
<br>
<b>Q: Have you made any changes to casting delays?</b>
<br>
<br>
Blizzard: We've added casting delays to Valkyrie and Shadow Master. They are beefed up to compensate for the delays.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Better skeletons is always good. I wonder if Diablo can still wack them all with a nova, though.
<br>
<br>
Spotted this at <A href="Http://www.homelanfed.com">HomeLAN Fed</a>

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
Ha ha ha .

The real fun is the part that they say that

M.F. will no longer work on end bosses like Mephisto.

Spazmo

Erudite
Ouch. That'll hurt the economy. In a good way, though. Bah, people will just start doing more Pindleskin runs.

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
Spazmo said:
Ouch. That'll hurt the economy. In a good way, though. Bah, people will just start doing more Pindleskin runs.

Sorry but i forgot to mention that it will not work on superuniques also .

Only on normal monsters.

Astromarine

Erudite
and Pindle not only gets the NOMF nerf, he also is 100% likely in that "too easy to get to" list of bosses that have reduced drops.

All in all, I likes the chat a lot. Hooray for Weregeddon :)

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
Astromarine said:
and Pindle not only gets the NOMF nerf, he also is 100% likely in that "too easy to get to" list of bosses that have reduced drops.

All in all, I likes the chat a lot. Hooray for Weregeddon :)

Astromarine means that Druids can now cast Armageddon in wolf and bear form with that " Weregeddon" word

potatohead

Novice
I wonder if Diablo can still wack them all with a nova, though.

Hah, I experienced Diablo doing just that for the first time about an hour before I read that.

Whooosh--->Snap. But I got him, the Bastard. :twisted:

I haven't read the chat-log yet ... I guess I should before asking questions. :wink:

-------------

A study in the Washington Post says that women have better verbal skills than men. I just want to say to the authors of that study: Huh?
--Conan O'Brien

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
It was quite a shock for me when he first did it to me. I was playing a necromancer in single player and I focused entirely on summoning. I couldn't get passed him simply because summoning was my only means of fighting him.

Psilon

Erudite
I read the log, but didn't see this. What's this "MF" thing they nerfed? I know Death's Guard doesn't do jack against Duriel, and summoning sucks against Diablo (thankfully I had dumped points into Bone Spear), but I'm not really up on the tricks.

DrattedTin

Liturgist
MF is Magic Find. This means you can't put on the right gear now and walk up to Mephisto and watch him drop 3 uniques.

DrattedTin

Liturgist
Running through Act 3 with a poison-nova necro is very therapeutic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom