Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Sacred 2 posers and panders at RPG Vault

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Sacred 2

There's an <a href="http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/770/770195p3.html">interview</a> over the to-be-released-next-year action CRPG sequel <a href="http://www.sacred2.com">Sacred 2</a> on <a href="http://rpgvault.ign.com/">RPG Vault</a>. Not too much new info other than things like being able to modify <i>Combat Arts</i>, but not how you're able to mod them. Anyway, character tuning:
<br>
<blockquote><b>Jonric: How will advancement system function over the long-term course of play? Are the characters pre-disposed to certain play styles?
<br>
<br>
Hans-Arno Wegner:</b> In Sacred 2, we are optimizing our character development system to offer strong archetypal characters and the optimum amount of freedom to individualize the look and playing style. It is typical Sacred style that you can choose from all Combat Arts of the character right from the start. This gives you the freedom to give each of them a try. Which one do you like most? Which combination could be a perfect one for your preferred style of gaming? Character development is all about freedom.
<br>
<br>
Each of the characters' three aspects includes all Combat Arts for one specific playing style. You can concentrate on one aspect and optimize all the passive skills and the items to this way of fighting, or you combine two or three aspects with each other. This could result in completely new definitions of fighting styles for this character.
<br>
<br>
You can freely decide if you prefer close combat or ranged fighting. Weapon-based combat moves not only work with close combat weapons, but also with ranged weapons like bows. Or do you like to fight mounted? Every Combat Art also works from horseback. In addition to horses, every character has its own special optimized mount.</blockquote>
<br>
So, pretty much like the original only now all <i>Combat Arts</i> work on horsies and you get more choices of horsies. People love horsies.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.shacknews.com">Shack News</A>

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
The full title of the game will be Sacred 2: Sacred Horse Adventure

Saint_Proverbius said:
...character development...
Remember when "character development" actually used to mean something? Something other than leveling up your combat skills, that is.

Sir_Brennus

Scholar
Futile Rhetoric said:
FUTILE RHETORIC.

HUARRR, HUARRRR! Never seen a more appropriate Nic before....

Remember the days when there was more character development in an Action RPG ?

No, I actually don't.

Sir_Brennus said:
HUARRR, HUARRRR! Never seen a more appropriate Nic before...
My oh my, you can always count on cap'n Obvious.

No, I actually don't.
Yeah, I also remember the days when "action" in "Action RPG" wasn't redundant. What's your point?

HardCode

Erudite
Sir_Brennus said:
Futile Rhetoric said:
FUTILE RHETORIC.

HUARRR, HUARRRR! Never seen a more appropriate Nic before....

No, I actually don't.

Well, then just call it an Action game, dumbfuck. Don't apologize for the pathetic marketing tactics of game companies slapping RPG on the box, even though it isn't. If it says RPG on the box, certain things are expected. r00fles.

doctor_kaz

Scholar
Cross another one off the "wanted" list and get ready for gimped character development and a shitty interface full of layered menus.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom