Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dawn of Magic action! Action! ACTION!

Section8

Cipher
Tags: Dawn of Magic; Sky Fallen Entertainment

You heard it here last. There is now a demo available of <a href="http://dom.deepsilver.com/en/index.html">Dawn of Magic</a>, the rest of the world release of Sky Fallen's Russian Action RPG, <a href="http://www.bloodmagic.ru/en/html/">Blood Magic</a>. So head on over, click on the naked chick and get cracking. According to the website:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Get a first impression of the brand new hack’n’slay game Dawn of Magic by playing the demo! It features about half of the 1st act (5 acts in total) which will offer you 5-10 hours of original gameplay. And it’s even possible to play your demo character in the full game, so no hours are wasted.</blockquote>It's probably an ominous sign that time well spent is measured in character progression rather than actually enjoying the game, but that's not taking into account the fact that PR speak is all <i>lies</i>.
<br>
<br>

Durwyn

Prophet
Someone already played teh demo?? Worth of download? I'm currently in a very serious need for some good game..

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I think this is the best thread to report that for the first time I see a Polish google-ad here on the Codex... and it's about some really, really horrible-looking dating game.

I prefered the "Materia Magica" ad. The game looked quite interesting.

Section8

Cipher
I think this is the best thread to report that for the first time I see a Polish google-ad here on the Codex... and it's about some really, really horrible-looking dating game.

I get that all the time. It's kinda scary to think that Google assumes I'd be into some furry anime 3D chat thingo.

But I digress. Anyone tried the demo yet?

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Downloading it - but it still 48 mins to completion (and I have to go to work). I'll post some shit when i'll be back (but remember - I love Titan Quest).

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Looks like DS 3. But anyway:

- the characters you can choose are rather original - gypsy, adept, friar and.... baker's wife

- lots of magic schools w which you can combine to make spells (i.e. you can throw poisoned rocks :))

- you get nice bonuses (stats and appearance) for using magic (you can grow horns, tentacles and what-have-you).

- the combat is a bit tedious - constantly spawning enemies and some difficulties with aiming.

Well, back to TQ.

Fez

Erudite
Tedious combat in an action RPG? I'd say that was enough to ruin it.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Well, the game seems too chaotic to me.
The world seems to big, the cities are too big, too many shops, too many quests, too many enemies, too many possibilities of developing your character...

Ryuken

Liturgist
bozia2012 said:
constantly spawning enemies and some difficulties with aiming.
Those are my main complaints too. A bit odd and slow for the rest but I am just getting used to it more. :) Inventory feels quite "old" as well.

Texas Red

Whiner
Constantly spawning enemies? Doesnt *every* action RPG have this(including TQ)?

Texas Red

Whiner
By the way, what is the Baker's Wife class about? What special powers etc.

vazquez595654

Arbiter
If you're over the age of 18, have played Diablo 2, and you're enjoying games like Titan Quest, Silverfall, and Dawn of Magic, you're a special kind of person. The type of person I don't want to be friends with.

aries202

Erudite
I am currently playing the demo of Dawn of Magic. And I don't find it that bad, i must admit. There some things, I would have done differently, maybe cut down on the spawning and respawning of monsters. Maybe done it so that the player's character could buy town portal spells. And yes, it is a bit hard at times to aim at the monsters correctly when you try clicking on them with your mouse....

I still quite have figured out the meaning of death in this game :? :huh: or the meaning of the spell progression.

I like the fact that there seems to be much to do in the game e.g. even the blacksmith has quest for you to do.

Quests are fun, creative, innovative and makes sense in the game world's own logic. And there's also something to do...

I liket his game - actually I like it even better than Silverfall (but that doesn't say much, does it ;) ).

denizsi

Arcane
While it's nice that the demo features one whole act and ability to carry characters into the retail version, I'm so fed up with 500+ mb huge demo downloads. Just make something to demonstrate the gameplay mechanics.

Fez

Erudite
It's easy enough for them to have 1.5GB demos now with broadband being so widespread. A lot of the big names have had huge file sizes for their demos, even if the gameplay was short.

made

Arcane
I really liked the trailer that was around a while ago. It was moody, mysterious, promising. The first impression the demo made wasn't quite as positive. The trailer is back, in form of an intro with English speech, which kinda spoils it all and gives away the uninspired plot. I couldn't find an incentive to play more than a few minutes initially. You can, however, attack quest NPCs at your leisure, so maybe it has some grade of freedom in it.

Wulfgar

Scholar
bozia2012 said:
The world seems to big, the cities are too big, too many shops, too many quests, too many enemies, too many possibilities of developing your character...

WAT? :shock: How is all that a bad thing? :roll: How can there ever be "too many" possibilities for developing your character?

Texas Red

Whiner
Wulfgar said:
bozia2012 said:

WAT? :shock: How is all that a bad thing? :roll: How can there ever be "too many" possibilities for developing your character?

Sometimes its difficult to get in to some game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom