Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Vampire Bloodlines True Patch rises up to ver.4.03AT

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Tags: Troika Games; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Acrimonius has released an update to his <a href=http://www.vampirebloodlines.com/entrance.html>Vampire: Bloodlines</a> patch, now currently at version 4.03AT. You can find more info along with previous patch notes <a href=http://www.tessmage.com/forum/index.php/topic,293.0.html>here</a>:<blockquote>----------------------------------------------------
<br>
CHANGES MADE IN VERSION 4.03AT INCLUDE:
<br>
----------------------------------------------------
<br>
<br>
(1) A bug that allowed Knox to reappear after he had been killed has been fixed.
<br>
From now on, if Knox is dead for whatever reason, he will not miraculously show up afterwards.
<br>
<br>
(2) A minor bug in the character creation process has been repaired.
<br>
<br>
(3) Several sounds were not playing properly in the game. They have been restored.
<br>
<br>
(4) The overall size of this archive has been greatly compressed, to make downloads faster.</blockquote>Anything that makes Knox stay dead is a good thing in my book.
<br>
<br>
Thanks to <b>Tessera</b> for the heads up.
<br>

Texas Red

Whiner
I may be just stupid or there might be a game breaking bug. Dont know if it is caused by this patch.

I installed the game and everything ran fine. In the tutorial I was asked to engage in combat with a sabbat. The problem is that I cant choose fists and nor can I attack at all! I pressed F1 as told but only an icon of melee in general appears. I tried going to the inventory to select fists but there is nothing I can click on.

Anyone know what is going on?

galsiah

Erudite
The Walkin' Dude said:
Did you try to pick up some throwable item, then not put it down properly? Sometimes this can happen if you (seemingly) unsuccessfully pick something up, then walk away. It doesn't show in your hand, but the game seems to think you're holding it, so you can't do anything else either (feed, attack...).
If you walk back to the item you tried picking up, it should leap into your hand. Then you can drop/throw it properly, and get on with your death.

It might not be this of course, but I'd guess it is - particularly if you're in the "throw stuff to distract" part of the tutorial.

[EDIT - NB this issue isn't caused by either patch.]

Shoelip

Arbiter
Hm, the only ghoul I remember in Santa Monica was the guy that you're supposed to get the explosives from. I thought he was called something different though.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Mercurio was the ghoul LaCroix wanted you to meet. Knox was the ghoul who played the part of the annoying git for Bertram Tung - he is outside the Medical Clinic in Santa Monica, right across from the PC's haven.

Wesp5

Arcane
Role-Player said:
(1) A bug that allowed Knox to reappear after he had been killed has been fixed.
From now on, if Knox is dead for whatever reason, he will not miraculously show up afterwards.

Just a few comments. There was already a check in there to see if Knox is dead. So did Acrimonious just overlook that one or has anyone actually witnessed Knox appearing in the Asylum after he has been killed and Troikas solution therefore isn't working right?

(2) A minor bug in the character creation process has been repaired.

I would really like to know what that is supposed to be.

(3) Several sounds were not playing properly in the game. They have been restored.

I checked this out and you now end up with several different sounds playing at the same time. I doubt this is what Troika intended...

Despair

Novice
The Walkin' Dude said:
I may be just stupid or there might be a game breaking bug. Dont know if it is caused by this patch.

I installed the game and everything ran fine. In the tutorial I was asked to engage in combat with a sabbat. The problem is that I cant choose fists and nor can I attack at all! I pressed F1 as told but only an icon of melee in general appears. I tried going to the inventory to select fists but there is nothing I can click on.

I had this problem a few times when I started the game with the console, but when I started the game without the console and recreated, it worked fine.

Incidentally, I have an irritating sound stutter bug whereby every time a piece of dialogue ends, the sound pauses/skips for a split second. Very irritating when speaking to Tourette and other places which have music in the background.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom