Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Andrew Welch of Ambrosia interviewed

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Escape Velocity Nova

<b>Spazmo</b> has done up <A href="http://www.rpgcodex.com/content.php?id=68">an interview</a> with <b>Andrew Welch</b>, one of those guys behind <a href="http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/">Escape Velocity Nova</a>. Here's a taste:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><i>2. What kind of games are the Escape Velocity series? And what specifically does Nova bring over the previous games?</i>
<br>
<br>
The Escape Velocity series has been quite popular because of the open-ended gameplay it offers, with compelling scripted story lines intermingled to spice up the action. It's really quite hard to quantify what the games are like, because there are many different approaches you can take in playing, but loosely, they are a blend of space role playing/action games with a high fun factor.
<br>
<br>
EV Nova ratchets up the technology used in the gaming engine several notches, while keeping all of the fun core elements of EV Nova. There are plenty of games that have better graphics than the EV series, but few seems to approach the fun factor the games offer. Also the games are open-ended, in that people can create "plugins" that enhance, alter, or even completely replace the game, which keeps it fresh for years.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
<i>I <3 IDA Frigates</i>
<br>

chiefnewo

Liturgist
This is a very cool game. I've finished one story arc already. :D
Definitely worth the US$30.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom