Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Floodgate's Paul Neurath interviewed at RPGVault

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide

<a href="http://www.rpgdot.com" target="_blank">RPGDot</A> has <a href="http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10053&ID=634&sid=f376949367e5cd98856531b668b283f7">interviewed</a> Floodgate's <b>Paul Neurath</b>.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>RPGDot: If you'd be able to choose anyone from within the game industry to work on your dream project, who'd you put in your team?
<br>
Paul Neurath: I’ve been fortunate to work with some wonderfully talented game developers over the years, including Richard Garriott, Doug Church, Shigeru Miyamoto, Chris Roberts, Ned Lerner, John Romero, Warren Spector. At this point, I’m actually more focused on working with “up and coming” talent who can bring a fresh perspective to the industry.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Bioware is gonna make you their bitch.
<br>

Voss

Erudite
Too bad they didn't ask him what, exactly, Floodgate did on SoU.

Especially since I keep get the impression from the Bioware people that they did everything of importance.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
So would I. And, hmm, it seems they are also working on making NWN for cellphones. WTH? Does that mean cell phones with the NWN logo; or the actual game itself? Interesting...

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Yeah, I've seen screenshots of 2D NWN for cellphones and PDAs. Rather interesting they're working on something like that.

EEVIAC

Erudite
I too have read news that NWN is coming out for the N-Gage - I don't know why it would be 2D though - Red Faction and Tony Hawk are going to be 3D.

Spazmo

Erudite
It's because BioWare has nowhere near the talent required to program something in 3D that'll run well on a cell phone. Remember NWN's massive memory leaks? Remember the 2 gig save folders?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Remmeber that BIO isn't developing it for the cellphone; Floodgate is? I hope so; since the article that states that is linked in this very thread.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom