Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial 2010: The Year in Review

serch

Magister
Jason said:
Should i be able to see some of the editor's notes, niggas?
Little known Codex Fun Fact # 72:
There's a revolving admin position that jumps to a different user account every hour, giving that user full admin permissions temporarily. Each user will only receive this boon once. You wasted yours to post that.

:x I won't waste my next chance. Expect me, through one of my alts, in five years

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
commie said:
Shit article, obvious trolling, not funny.

When commiefag and me agree on how badly you failed you know you're all alone in the world and nobody cares about you.

With Chris Avellone working his writing magic [Editor's Note: I think the more important thing is that when writing about New Vegas' writing, you mention the Lead Writer was one John Gonzalez. And he was also the "Creative Design Lead". I think it's this guy who should get more credit.],
Mark Morgan on the music [Editor's Note: Mark Morgan didn't actually work on FNV. They just re-used some of his old Fallout songs in parts.]
and the project being lead by none other than the Josh Eric Sawyer [Editor's Note: Sawyer never worked on any of the previous Fallouts. Shouldn't we just re-write this part and say FNV was created by an entirely new group of people? It's a bit like Obsidian hiring the janitor who cleaned up after the Fallout gold party and then saying "Look! Original guys from Fallout are on the team!"]

:love: Sometimes this place is worth it.

Project: Eternity
racofer said:
2j5yvb6.png

:lol: This will come in handy again I'm sure.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
It's good. Was laughing hysterically at a couple of points. The AP part was a bit weird though. Sounds very schizophrenic, which I guess is a good description of the 'dex. It also has an outright lie in the bullet point and a link to one of the shittiest trying too hard LP's on here (sorry Cassidy). ME2 section also contains a critical error: your love interest does not in fact carry over, not really; only Liara does, AND that doesn't stop you from shagging someone else at the same time.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
CrunchyHemorrhoids said:
With Chris Avellone working his writing magic [Editor's Note: I think the more important thing is that when writing about New Vegas' writing, you mention the Lead Writer was one John Gonzalez. And he was also the "Creative Design Lead". I think it's this guy who should get more credit.],
Mark Morgan on the music [Editor's Note: Mark Morgan didn't actually work on FNV. They just re-used some of his old Fallout songs in parts.]
and the project being lead by none other than the Josh Eric Sawyer [Editor's Note: Sawyer never worked on any of the previous Fallouts. Shouldn't we just re-write this part and say FNV was created by an entirely new group of people? It's a bit like Obsidian hiring the janitor who cleaned up after the Fallout gold party and then saying "Look! Original guys from Fallout are on the team!"]

Yup, made me laugh the most too.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
CrunchyHemorrhoids said:

Scott Everts work once again is entirly forgotten.

You faggots

:x

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Enjoyed the 'editor notes; but overall a lacklustre year in review.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Brilliant. Sums up the thoughts of many jaded hearts. I hate animated smilies but I'd put the big one with the sternly clapping dude in the opera box if I could find it. Last bastion of free speech is the Codex.

Thanks for that.

Achilles

Arcane
An interesting read. Obviously DU had to bash Alpha Protocol in order to save face but it's made clear (in a subtle way) that he actually enjoyed it. GJ DU, you're a true Alpha bro!

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sceptic said:
ME2 section also contains a critical error: your love interest does not in fact carry over, not really; only Liara does, AND that doesn't stop you from shagging someone else at the same time.

My love interest didn't carry over....didn't even begin! :( Oh Chakwas, how many universes do I have to save before you'll be mine? :tears:

Murk

Arcane
Finally got to reading this. Good stuff.

Not enough hate spewed at Jowood, but the entire article was relatively concise -- doable.

Frau Bishop

Erudite
That's a Year in Review I like!
And lots of links included that will make me come back to the article. Double like.

Why you included all this ME/action stuff, well, maybe there is a reason and it's a good one. Some day it will make sense.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom