Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review SoU finds torrid love at DeadAlfs

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide

<a href="http://www.deadalfs.co.uk/">DeadAlfs2k</a> does up <a href="http://www.deadalfs.co.uk/d2k.php3?page=rev_nwnsou">their take</a> on <A href="http://nwn.bioware.com/shadows">Shadows of Undrentide</a>. It's fairly wallowy and sappy, like one of those Harlequin novels with a heaping helping of female horomones! For example:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>It's a shame many of the new additions won't be seen within the limited confines of such a great adventure, but there's ALWAYS (and capital letters aren't enough to stress this) the option of going to nwvault.com and downloading a quality user-built adventure appropriate to your character's level and continuing on your path to power, glory or riches - depending on your alignment of course. Quite clearly, the purpose of this expansion is to further the NWN game as it was originally intended, and again, the bundled campaign is merely an example of how much the game has come on in the past 12 months. If the campaign isn't enough to inspire module designers into picking up the gauntlet again, then the expanded features of the Aurora engine will do the job. And let's not forget, if people do start using the stuff included, you?ll need this expansion if you want to keep downloading new content. Even if at the end of the day this expansion is nothing more than a necessary cash injection into Bioware's NWN machine, I'll consider myself a fully paid up member.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Pardon me, I have to go show the contents of my stomach the light of day.
<br>
<br>
Spotted this at <A href="Http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</a>.

Voss

Erudite
path to power, glory or riches?
Does he mean that the game actually recognizes and comments on achieving one of those things? Oh wait. It doesn't. Its really the path to the end game sequence.

And since when are power, glory and riches dependent on alignment?
You can't have a LG power-monger (the better to save people with)
A CE villain that disdains wealth (because he's too busy wrecking havoc and destruction)

And wow. The sheer level of... of... sucking up and abasing himself. I've seen religious fanatics offer less devotion to gods. If I were Bioware I'd be at little embarassed about this fawning little sycophant. I'd urge him to seek mental help for his disturbing and manic devotion to a game.

some dumbass said:
It's a shame many of the new additions won't be seen within the limited confines of such a great adventure, but there's ALWAYS (and capital letters aren't enough to stress this) the option of going to nwvault.com and downloading a quality user-built adventure appropriate to your character's level and continuing on your path to power, glory or riches - depending on your alignment of course.

Funny thing is, for the most part you can't go to NWN Vault and find a bunch of mods taking full advantage of SoU additions, because SoU introduced lots of fun new bugs, especially from the mod end, and everyone's still waiting for the first patch to do anything. And now that summer's nearly over, many of them probably won't have the time to do much for a while once it does come out.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Yeha that reviewer was a little lame. He didn't even really bother with the actual cmapaign. What a punk.

As for SOU bugs; I have personally seen zero new ones - in either the game, the tolset, or on-line. The only major bug I still egte ffected is the dreaded jump bug in MP. Drives me bananas!

Not sure if you're lucky or just unobservant. So you've never fired a missile weapon, run into sideways doors in mods, had new henchmen inventory issues, tried divine might, .... And that's just from the player's end.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
I'm sure it''s both. Some bugs are so obscure; I probably just missed 'em. However, I've ahd no problems with missile weapons, doors, or henchmen inventory. I ahven't tred divine might so I can't say if I'd be effected. Then again, it's that way with most games. Other than FO2, and MW; I very rarely have had problems with bugs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom