Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Polish Afterfall interview has been translated

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Tags: Afterfall

Remember <A HREF="http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=21318">this</A> newspost about a Polish interview with the Afterfall developers?
<br>
<br>
Well, the thing has finally been translated, and it contains some nice info about the game.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>About Fallout 3, much suggests that, like Oblivion, the game will be much closer to action RPG than a genuine computer RPG, the genre of which Fallout was considered an epitome. We once wrote, half in jest, that our team are “creating a competition for Fallout 3”. Nowadays we wouldn’t write that – the two games drastically differ in the methodology of their creation, as well as the hierarchy of what is important for the cRPG genre.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
So, basically that should mean that Fallout 3 will stand no chance against Afterfall, if they manage to keep all the promises they made until now.
<br>
<br>
Just follow the link below to read the whole thing.
<br>
Thanks for the news to: <strong>Brother None</strong>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.afterfall.pl/index/en/show/461">Afterfall Website</A>

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I must admit that I like their attitude, along with general understanding of what cRPGs should be about... If they remain true to the standards they have set for themselves, Afterfall may turn out to be a memorable game.

However, I can't help but shake the feeling they have promised too much.

dragonfk

Erudite
Another think that makes one think, its that this interview is few months old. And I did not hear any recent news on progress of making the game.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
dragonfk said:
And I did not hear any recent news on progress of making the game.

I'm afraid that's standard, because Intoxicate has some of the shittiest PR ever.

They usually are steadily but slowly progressing, though, I have no reason to assume they've quit or are close to quiting.

Wasn't one of the Codex new staff looking for an interview with them?

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
They are promising a lot. I think the complexity will turn off a lot of publishers. It's gonna be a hard task to find a publisher and also deliver on everything they've said. If they do actually deliver... Man that would be a friggin awesome game.

Black

Arcane
Y'know what it means if they succeed.

POLISH POWER!

yarpen

Novice
I wish them all the best, but honestly, this project seems way too ambitious given their team size/experience/fact that they dont have publisher/major sources of financing. Games of that scope are no longer made in garages.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
yarpen said:
I wish them all the best, but honestly, this project seems way too ambitious given their team size/experience/fact that they dont have publisher/major sources of financing. Games of that scope are no longer made in garages.

maybe you guys should get them a publisher :D

But yeah, they first need to tune down their ambitions.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
yarpen said:

Please give them a hand! :wink:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Brother None said:
Wasn't one of the Codex new staff looking for an interview with them?

Basically, yea. I've already sent the questions to them per email after letting them be read through in the staff forum. They said it's going to take a bit more than a week till they have the answers ready, but it's all in progress.

Crolug

Liturgist
The graphic engine is more or less what I was imaging when thinking about next Fallout - dirty, grim and not too top notch but still 'these days'. One of the things I loved Fallout 2 more and more every year it got older and its graphic looked more and more mid 50s, ya know what I'm saying? And you can hear some music samples on their site, some of them are sooo Fallout :)

But yeah, I am rather skeptical they'll be able to finish it. But of course I wish them all the best!

Madman

Novice
yarpen said:

well... Maybe CD Projekt?

I like what they say, but it's veeery ambitious... I'm not sure if somebody is going to want to publish that.

Tails

Arbiter
Afterfall will finally come out, still it gonna be a long time...

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Spotted at NMA:

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0

intoxicate said:
I'll tell you all something.
Afterfall will be released sunner or after. - i'm 100% sure about that.

But the question is when.. well we have a lot options from publishers and other crap people who wanna make Afterfall comercial shit like action rpg, pa-horror fps, mmorpgs and such like this. Im gonna say that I dont want to make crap game, comercial shit and whateva. I and We( intoxicate interactive) wanna make realy freakin good CRPG game.

Again: Afterfall will be released as it is, but i realy cant tell ya when. Imho you must wait for Fallout 3 first ;)

That's the spirit. I wish You all the best.
:salute:

Amfamaster

Novice
afterfall

Hi guys/girls!

One question to you JarlFrank, could you please tell us all what kind of questions have you send to Intoxicate? I've spoken with one of devs recently and he didn't want to tell me anything tho i could feel he has some pretty good damn news for all of us.. I hope it's not only some impression and in a week or so we'll see some serious breakthrough

:cool:

Oh! and one more thing why there are no responds from CDPR about giving hand to fellow national..

Crolug

Liturgist
Oh look guys, another 'Polish nationalist' in da house, cheers! :twisted:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Re: afterfall

Amfamaster said:
Hi guys/girls!

One question to you JarlFrank, could you please tell us all what kind of questions have you send to Intoxicate? I've spoken with one of devs recently and he didn't want to tell me anything tho i could feel he has some pretty good damn news for all of us.. I hope it's not only some impression and in a week or so we'll see some serious breakthrough

You'll see when they've sent their answers, I'd say. Mostly they're gameplay questions, how stuff works and what's important for them. Might ask some further questions after we recieved the answers, but first I'm waiting for their mail to come, which might still take some time as they're going to translate my questions to Polish, write their answers, translate them to English, then send the whole thing to me.

Amfamaster

Novice
Okay thank you.. Jarl.. or shall i call you Frank? :) i hope this project will get some help from big gaming company .. activisionblizzard perchaps? :]

Hi Crolug! nice to see some Polish accent overhere :)
..tho I do not consider myself as a nationalist :roll:

:lol:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Amfamaster said:
Okay thank you.. Jarl.. or shall i call you Frank? :) i hope this project will get some help from big gaming company .. activisionblizzard perchaps? :]

Just call me Jarl, its the Old Norse title for Earl, so it makes me a lot more noble, lulz.

And no need to thank, it's part of my job here to do stuff like that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom