Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hero of Allacrost climbs up to 0.2.1

Nedrah

Erudite
Tags: Hero of Allacrost

That's right, the <A HREF="http://www.allacrost.org/">game</a> has seen a new release on 2007-12-10.
<br>
<blockquote>Hero of Allacrost is a single player, 2D sprite-based role playing game. Hero of Allacrost is also often referred to as simply "Allacrost" or "HoA".</blockquote>
<br>
It is currently still in (tech-)demo state, but that being said, you can already play. It just wont be a very complete experience.
<br>
Also, you had better be ready for some 90's console style.
<br>
<blockquote>- You may now have multiple characters in your party, and hence in battles
<br>
- Support for saving and loading the game has been added
<br>
- Game settings (display, audio, key and joystick mappings) are now saved and restored automatically
<br>
- Treasure chests have been added to maps
<br>
- The ability to run in map mode is now active, along with a stamina bar that depletes while running
<br>
- The menu layout for battles has been improved
<br>
- The shopping interface has been vastly upgraded, and now sports a new "shopping cart" like functionality
<br>
- Upon entering a map, an introductory text and location graphic are displayed briefly
<br>
- We now support interactive dialogues in maps (e.g., you can select a response in specific conversations)
<br>
- Various updates to the party menu screen
<br>
- Audio playback quality has been improved greatly</blockquote>
<br>
They also note that most work went on "under the hood", but that may hopefully mean that further content updates might come rather quickly. Those <A HREF="http://www.allacrost.org/?q=node/21">screenshots</a> don't look too bad, although I whish they had resisted the temptation to add that certain japanese'ish flavor - or am I imagining things?
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://freegamer.blogspot.com/">Freegamer</A>

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hmm.. I can't stand those weird perspective.
It's the reason I never played any of those Ultima games...

Simply feels like you would look at every thing from a different perspective.. makes my stomach sick.

And btw.. this is definately a jRPG. Just look at those fighting screenshots. A character named Claudius? hmmm.. what does that remind me of?

Nedrah

Erudite
OldSkoolKamikaze said:
Is this your typical JRPG affair?

If I was convinced that this was just going to be a typical jrpg affair, I probably wouldn't have bothered letting you know about it. Might still evolve into a huge turd, anyways, of course.

obediah

Erudite
Why the fuck would a skeleton, giant spider, snake, and pile of green goo with eyes floating in it hang out together? Shouldn't the skeleton be going after anything alive? And I assume the spider and snake would be fierce competitors. As for the eye-thing, it should be removed from the game, and whoever added it should be kicked in the balls and have his anime collection taken away.

1eyedking

Erudite
Anime; the only art style in which every fucking character is either beautiful or mysterious or both.

obediah said:
Why the fuck would a skeleton, giant spider, snake, and pile of green goo with eyes floating in it hang out together? Shouldn't the skeleton be going after anything alive? And I assume the spider and snake would be fierce competitors. As for the eye-thing, it should be removed from the game, and whoever added it should be kicked in the balls and have his anime collection taken away.
It's just that the flaming tree, scorpion, and blue floating beholder/thing party needed some competition.

Haraldur

Augur
18458437.jpg

Mysterious?

What anime have you been watching anyway?

1eyedking

Erudite
Haraldur said:
Mysterious?
Human characters, that is. Other characters are simply batshit crazy (flying pigs in suits, anyone?).

Haraldur said:
What anime have you been watching anyway?
One, which probably means I've seen them all.

PS to any lame person: don't come with the 'some are actually good' crap, I know, but most are utter crap.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Only if wild sex scenes and tentacles are involved....

PS to any lame person: don't come with the 'this is hentai, you moron' crap, I know.

Binary

Liturgist
I like the perspective, but that combat system looks toooooo jrpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom