Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN overrated? GameSpy says so!

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Neverwinter Nights

<A href="Http://www.gamespy.com">GameSpy</a> has started off their <A href="http://www.gamespy.com/articles/september03/25overrated/index.shtml">list of the 25 most overrated games of all time</a> with none other than <a href="http://nwn.bioware.com">Neverwinter Nights</a>. They even admit they were kinda guilty of being part of the massive hype engine that drove people to buy this title, which was <a href="http://www.gamespy.com/articles/september03/25overrated/index2.shtml">Number 25</a>, naturally. Here's a taste:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Neverwinter pegged the hype meter during the whole D&D 3rd edition hoopla, even going so far as to have a sexxxy Maxim magazine ad worthy of satire. When the game finally came out, the single-player adventure was pretty solid. But the much-hyped DM tools? They were an enigma wrapped in a mystery controlled by an incredibly obtuse and almost completely undocumented scripting system. Forget running an adventure; most budding DMs couldn't figure out how to get doors to work.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Well, it was documented, you just had to shell out another <b>$20</b> for that documentation.
<br>
<br>
Thanks, <b>chrisbeddoes</b>!
<br>

Dwango

Novice
What shocked me about this article is that they really praised the single player! I mean, everyone knows the OC was horrible and boring, but they praise it as "solid" and "fun". The only strength of the game is the Multiplayer, and they hacked that to pieces. I'll bet Bioware was not to happy to have their greatest achievement undermined just before the release of their latest expansion.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
The even funnier part is the awful single player campaign doesn't even require gamespy licensed code to play!

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Dikatana?

I hear Gamespy is going to do a top 25 where they indicate water is wet and fire is hot

Voss

Erudite
I don't know about the console games, but the 3 PC games on that list definitely deserve a slot.

Odds are Daikatana's in the top 5.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom