Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review ToEE dryhumped at UGO

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Temple of Elemental Evil

The <a href="http://www.ugo.com/">UGO boys</a> have churned up <a href="http://www.ugo.com/channels/games/features/dnd_templeofelementalevil/review.asp">a review</a> of <A href="http://www.greyhawkgame.com">Temple of Elemental Evil</a>. They really dug it, giving it an overall score of a <b>B</b>, saying things like this:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Watching the giant frog emerge from the water in a spray of watery mist, hop up to my dwarf and stick its tongue out to grapple him for a few rounds before swallowing him whole was just jaw-dropping. This was only my party's first encounter, and it got better from there. The 3D animated models really bring the D&D creatures we are all familiar with to life. Seeing an eerily animated horde of hungry ghouls repelled by turning undead, or watching your barbarian obliterate an enemy in a shower of particle effect blood and then cleave another attacker, is all so beautiful. Hell, even watching your mage decipher a scroll, encircled with floating multicolored runes, makes even some of the more mundane tasks entertaining. Oh, and did I mention mages can craft magical items such as rods or wands, brew a potion and scribe scrolls? </blockquote>
<br>
<br>
It's little things like the frogs that eat people which make me wish this game had more time. If Troika implimented something like that, imagine what they could have done in the time it took some other games to be developed.. Nameless games, which don't even have cloaks!
<br>
<br>
Thanks, <b>Vault Dweller</b>!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
I love the Giant Frogs! Easily one of my most favorite part of the game1 All D&D games need Giant Frogs!

Psilon

Erudite
I'm not. I'm still in the Geneforge 2 beta program, so I'm logging far more hours in Spiderweb-level graphics than in the beauty of ToEE.

Linedog

Novice
Volourn said:
I love the Giant Frogs! Easily one of my most favorite part of the game1 All D&D games need Giant Frogs!

My cleric was actually swollowed by King Behemoth frog.Next round I see that he is still alive inside this thing. When it is cleric's turn he attacks and delivers the death blow, after which he re-emerges. Clever stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom