Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Devil Whiskey dev chat conclusion, plus log

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Devil Whiskey; Shifting Suns Studios

Welp, it's over. For those who missed it, here's the <A href="http://www.rpgcodex.com/content.php?id=79">surly log file</a> of the chat with the guys toiling away on <a href="Http://www.devil-whiskey.com">Devil Whiskey</a>. Here's a clip:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><b>[</b>Saint_Proverbius<b>]</b> Justin: What I'm talking about is more along the lines of pick the class, and then order the rolls so they fit the class. That would save you a lot of time in re-rolling, checking what classes you can do, then going back and re-rolling again. Wash. Rinse. Repeat until you get the PsiKnight you want.
<br>
<b>[</b><u>Justin</u><b>]</b> I expect there will be a number of content patches after the full release, which will enhance the art and audio even further.
<br>
<b>[</b><u>Justin</u><b>]</b> saint, that's true
<br>
<b>[</b><u>Justin</u><b>]</b> and no, we weren't planning on implementing that style of character creation
<br>
<b>[</b>Shevek<b>]</b> yes, I have to agree with S_P that would be nice, this character creation sorta reminds me of Realms of Arkania, where you roll and hope you have the right stats for the class
<br>
<b>[</b><u>Justin</u><b>]</b> it's also just like old-school D&D
<br>
<b>[</b><u>Justin</u><b>]</b> :p
<br>
<b>[</b><u>Justin</u><b>]</b> or Might and Magic
<br>
<b>[</b><u>Justin</u><b>]</b> or BT
<br>
<b>[</b><u>Justin</u><b>]</b> we'll consider it, how's that?
<br>
<b>[</b><u>Senrats</u><b>]</b> I'm curious as to how the process would flow Saint. Not that we will do that, but I'm curious nonetheless on a personal level.
<br>
<b>[</b>Saint_Proverbius<b>]</b> In old skool D&D, you could put your rolls in any order you wanted.
<br>
<b>[</b><u>Justin</u><b>]</b> not according to the book ;-)
<br>
<b>[</b>Saint_Proverbius<b>]</b> Which is something the computer could do.
<br>
<b>[</b>Saint_Proverbius<b>]</b> THE BOOK LIES!</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
As you can see, it was a lot of fun. I enjoyed it!
<br>
<br>

Astromarine

Erudite
Tip: Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.

Nice chat, it made me curious about the game, and I guess that's what a chat is designed to do.

Where in the Nine Hells did that Percolator guy come from? He took a wrong turn at the NWN forums or something?

vish213

Novice
I'm curious about Perc's age... he might just be young and not really understand where the game comes from and who (I assume) its target audience is. I miss Bard's Tale's style of RPG, and if the Construction Kit was any easier to use, I think there might have been some interesting games created like it. I hope DW does well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom