Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News More Fallout 3 screenshots

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Fallout 3

<A href="http://www.shacknews.com/">Shack News</a> has <A href="http://www.shacknews.com/screenshots.x?gallery=9734&game_id=4246">three new screenshots</a> of <A href="http://fallout.bethsoft.com">Fallout 3</a> for those interested in seeing more actiony shots of the full priced <a href="http://www.elderscrolls.com">Oblivion</a> mod in the works. At least, they say they're new screenshots. I'm pretty sure I've seen at least one of them before.
<br>
<br>
I'm still wondering why feral ghouls wear pants. Or at least, why their pants aren't completely stained. Ghouls use the bathroom, right?
<br>

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
They're not new.

They're only just now "officially released" by Bethesda. NMA and other sites have had them for two weeks

See?

sah

Liturgist
I just realized: Dogmeat will have no penis. Think about it for a minute. I find it deeply meaningful.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
The one with the dog looks at least semi-decent. Other two are complete crap like most of the screens we saw.

Texas Red

Whiner
Annonchinil said:
Ewww look at all the not so distant fog and the low-res ground texture.

Why do you people complain about the grafix? For the first time we won't get a triple AAA that solely concentrates on the visuals. Bethesda is pulling everything in to gameplay, just what we have been asking all this time.

fastpunk

Arbiter
The Walkin' Dude said:
Why do you people complain about the grafix? For the first time we won't get a triple AAA that solely concentrates on the visuals. Bethesda is pulling everything in to gameplay, just what we have been asking all this time.

WTF? Did I mix up forums again? I must have ended up in Gamespot somehow.

Joking! :D

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Saint_Proverbius said:

How much I love these guys.

No wonder there won't be a demo - apparently, they're panicly afraid to show the game too early, lest everyone (excluding 'journalists') realizes how shitty it is.

dagorkan

Arbiter
Hamster said:
The one with the dog looks at least semi-decent. Other two are complete crap like most of the screens we saw.
Except for the fact that one of the dog's legs is semi-transparent, you're right

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
dagorkan said:
Hamster said:
Except for the fact that one of the dog's legs is semi-transparent, you're right
I wasn't talking about quality of the graphix. I wouldn't care if entire dog was semi-transparent if only visual style resembled original Fallout.

dagorkan

Arbiter
Dunno, a completely transparent dog companion wouldn't be very useful

sabishii

Arbiter
Hamster said:
The one with the dog looks at least semi-decent.
Uh, replace the rifle with a sword and you've got Oblivion:

imageomaticxth7.jpg

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
sabishii said:
Hamster said:
The one with the dog looks at least semi-decent.
Uh, replace the rifle with a sword and you've got Oblivion:

imageomaticxth7.jpg
At least this screen have some "fallouty" stuff in the background (tires, broken cars, containers) placed to form some kind of a fence, which reminds me of Fallout. It also appears to be a bit brighter than others, which also reminds of Fallout (In Fallout there was normal sun, not those retarded Resident Evilish clouds we see on F3 screens. Of course, sun was not visible due to isometric view, but you could see that action takes place under normal daylight)
I am not saying this screenshot looks good, it just sucks less than others.

Edit:

Artworks also do not show any "evil" clouds or fog
http://www.ag.ru/screenshots/fallout_a_post_nuclear_role_playing_game/27415
http://www.ag.ru/screenshots/fallout_a_post_nuclear_role_playing_game/27443

MetalCraze

Arcane
did anyone tell bethesda that their bloom looks ridiculously stupid?
yes I understand that devs use it to cover their incredibly shitty backgrounds and skies.

though looking at how shitty dogmeat looks as well I can understand them. just bring that bloom closer.

elander_

Arbiter
The graphics are a bit surrealistic but they look nice enough. The dogs shadow appears to be a soft shadow. It reminds me of the screen shot they made in Oblivion for the first dungeon. The real game shadows looked like crap in the end. I wonder if they are going to try the same PR bullshit trick in E3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom