Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Fallout for consoles? Interplay dead?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Acclaim; Fallout 2

There's an <a href="http://www.spong.com/x?art=5671">interesting news item</a> over at <A href="http://www.spong.com/">Spong.com</a> about the future of <a href="http://www.interplay.com">Interplay</a> as well as fun stuff about <a href="http://www.interplay.com/fallout2">Fallout 2</a>. Here's a brief bit of the thing:
<br>

<br>
<blockquote>Both PlayStation 2 and Xbox versions are underway, with the games based around the popular second game in the series, Fallout 2.
<br>

<br>
According to our sources, the rights have been snapped up by Acclaim from the now-defunct Interplay, which ties into the considerable cash-injection enjoyed by Acclaim last week.</blockquote>
<br>

<br>
I don't know what's the best part of this rumor, <a href="http://www.interplay.com/fallout2">Fallout 2</a> for consoles, or <a href="http://www.interplay.com">Interplay</a> is defunct.
<br>

<br>
Thanks, <b>Mr. Teatime</b>!

Psilon

Erudite
Um, you forget the most frightening part of the rumor. Acclaim got the rights. If this is true, say hello to Fallout Enforcer XXX and Fallout Highwayman Xtreme Freestyle.

Still, I wouldn't freak out just yet. Wait for the Interplay press release to leak.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Acclaim does make some awful games, and I can't think of too many that really sell that well. I'm not sure where they hell they'd get the kind of money to bail Interplay out.

Spazmo

Erudite
I don't think we particularly needed NMA's expert analysis to tell us this particular bit of information in false.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Psilon said:
If this is true, say hello to Fallout Enforcer XXX
What? I thought that's what FO:BOS was. Isn't a console Fallout action game with over-done hookers enough for you? You just have to take it to the extreme, don't you?

Saint_Proverbius said:
Acclaim does make some awful games, and I can't think of too many that really sell that well. I'm not sure where they hell they'd get the kind of money to bail Interplay out.
Easy, Acclaim are a big front to a mafia run pimpage agency. Want the best hookers in the US, you go see Acclaim! Why else do you think they bring in all those attractive women to "model" for their games? You don't swallow that "it's to make the games real" line do you?

Grifman

Liturgist
Spazmo said:
I don't think we particularly needed NMA's expert analysis to tell us this particular bit of information in false.

And I don't think we particularly needed your expert analysis to tell us that.

Grifman

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Well, if Interplay doesn't get FO:BOS and BG:DA2 out in the market by Christmas they'll be more or less fucked. Here's hoping that comes to pass and that they sell off the rights to Van Buren to a more efficient publisher so J.E. and gang can have a better chance of putting out a better game with higher potential revenue from better PR.

Interplay marketing is fucking worthless.

Mr. Teatime

Liturgist
Exitium said:
Well, if Interplay doesn't get FO:BOS and BG:DA2 out in the market by Christmas they'll be more or less fucked. Here's hoping that comes to pass and that they sell off the rights to Van Buren to a more efficient publisher so J.E. and gang can have a better chance of putting out a better game with higher potential revenue from better PR.

Interplay marketing is fucking worthless.

As far as I'm aware, the only restrictions BIS have are that FO3 has to have real time combat, and a multiplayer mode, apart from that a few of the devs have said that they can do what they want with the game.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Mr. Teatime said:
As far as I'm aware, the only restrictions BIS have are that FO3 has to have real time combat, and a multiplayer mode, apart from that a few of the devs have said that they can do what they want with the game.

Now that Acclaim has entered the picture, the lead character must be named Turok.

Rayt

Liturgist
Saint_Proverbius said:
Mr. Teatime said:

Now that Acclaim has entered the picture, the lead character must be named Turok.

They'll probably write out a contest where the first 3 people to legally change their name to Vault Dweller get 10,000 dollars.

Psilon

Erudite
And anyone convicted of dunking people in FEV on launch day gets the fine paid by Acclaim. The list of stupid publicity stunts just keeps growing...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom