Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview More Hordes feats at RPGVault

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark

<A href="http://rpgvault.ign.com/">RPGVault</a> has posted their <A href="http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/455/455831p1.html">sixth list o feats</a> for <A href="http://nwn.bioware.com/underdark/">Hordes of the Underdark</a>. It gives the details of three new feats, including this one:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><b><i>Improved Sneak Attack 1D6</i></b>
<br>
<b>Type of Feat:</b> Class
<br>
<b>Prerequisite:</b> 8d6 Sneak Attack.
<br>
<b>Specifics:</b> Add +1d6 to your sneak attack damage. This feat may be taken multiple times, to a maximum of +10d6.
<br>
<b>Use:</b> Automatic.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
That's a buttload of sneak damage, 18-108.
<br>

Bio also decided to have critical hits affect sneak damage, didn't they? So Blinky the scythe master will be doing 72-432 + 8-32 + 4 * various and sundry bonuses on 3 out of 20 hits with his keen scythe + improved critical. Or maybe 1 out of every 2 hits after taking really, really improved critical at 32nd level.

Spazmo

Erudite
Sounds more like Diablo II than D&D 3E...

Anyhow, getting up to +10d6 would take ten feats and thirty fucking levels, so it's not that easy, especially at epic levels where leveling takes a while.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Spazmo said:
Anyhow, getting up to +10d6 would take ten feats and thirty fucking levels, so it's not that easy, especially at epic levels where leveling takes a while.

I doubt that it will take a while in Hordes, though. If it takes too long, it gets boring to level up and liberal spreading of gobs of ph4t l3wt will only interest their fan base so long.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Those who will actually play Hordes won't be rweaching even close to level 40, and accordoing to BIo won't be even reaching 30th level though knowing how these type of games works; I'd count on it being possible.

And from what I have seen sneak attacks don't get affected byc riticals - at least from what I've seen.

Sammael

Liturgist
Can't we get an interesting, original feat from Bioware for once?

+1d6 sneak attack damage. Wow. Considering that by epic level all warrior-types should have Heavy Fortification armor, and all others should have some sort of ability that negates SA (through class features, feats, or liberal application of permanency and wish), this isn't even remotely overpowered.

Oh, wait... it's not as if BIO will actually implement any of those features the way they should be implemented, so rogues will rule supreme. A dual-wielding rogue can get 6 sneak attacks per round. I've seen rogue builds that were fully capable of inflicting over 300 points of damage every other round. *yawn*

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Rest assured, Bioware will make this the cheesiest episode in D&D gaming. I don't think what Spazmo says would be at all hard to accomplish in HOTU due to the simple fact that you'll be battling quite a few Mithral Golems and will be faced with a rather dumbed-down Demilich who seems strangely without his ability to absorb people's souls with his teeth or cause a cataclysmic nuclear explosion in the surrounding area.

Chances are, during the course of your adventures, you will meet:
- drizzt do'urden
- artemis
- laeral the elf lich
- cyric
- mask
- two dozen mithral golems
- the zhentarim secret army
- the cult of the dragon
- the red wizards of thay
- a weak demilich
- two dracoliches
- several bhaalspawn
- one red dragon
- ten assorted dragons
- a chimera lord
- mephistopheles
- an empire of beholders
- an empire of illithids, with an overmind
- a gateway into one of the 9 circles of hell
- hordes of baalors
- a githyanki pirating fleet
- a githzerai vigilante troupe
- and much, much more!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
After the game comes out, I'll come back to that list to see how accurate your prediction was. :D

Volourn

Pretty Princess
The drow from BG2? That's impossible since Interplay owns the rights to all BG characters.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Volourn said:
The drow from BG2? That's impossible since Interplay owns the rights to all BG characters.

Kind of funny, since they can no longer make BG titles for the PC, though. If they actually still own the rights to the characters, it doesn't do them much good since they can't do anything without the rights to make more titles.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Saint_Proverbius said:
Volourn said:

Kind of funny, since they can no longer make BG titles for the PC, though. If they actually still own the rights to the characters, it doesn't do them much good since they can't do anything without the rights to make more titles.
They should start selling action figures from BG games. :lol: Minsc with the hamster on his shoulder, Edwin the cross-dressing wizard, etc

Voss

Erudite
Don't give them ideas.

They might just try to work them into the new D&D miniatures line.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom