Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Morrowind Game of the Year Edition announced

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Looks like <A href="http://www.morrowind.com">Morrowind</a> is bundling itself in one easy, and cheap package. Here's the press release:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>(Rockville, MD) October 30, 2003 -- Bethesda Softworks® today announced that it has begun manufacturing The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind® Game of the Year (GotY) edition for the Xbox? video game system from Microsoft and
<br>
expects the title to be in stores early next week. The Morrowind GotY includes the original Morrowind, along with content from the two Morrowind expansions: Tribunal? and Bloodmoon?. This new product will allow gamers to continue their existing games of Morrowind and experience the new quests and areas offered by the expansions.
<br>
<br>
Also expected at retail next week is the Morrowind GotY edition for PC, which includes the original game plus both expansions at a price of $29.99, and The Morrowind Prophecies GotY Edition, a 400+ page hint book covers both the PC and Xbox versions of all three games and includes maps, creature info, walkthroughs for every quest, and more.
<br>
<br>
Morrowind was the best-selling and most highly acclaimed RPG for Xbox in 2002, earning Game of the Year and Best RPG awards from numerous publications and sites, including Official Xbox Magazine, Gamespot, Team Xbox, and Xbox Evolved. Over a year after its initial release, Morrowind was ranked among the Top 10 Best Selling Xbox games in May through August of this year - a feat only matched by Halo (Source: The NPD Group / NPD Funworld® / TRSTS®).
<br>
<br>
An epic, open-ended single-player RPG, Morrowind allows you to create and play any kind of character imaginable. You can choose to follow the main storyline and find the source of the evil blight that plagues the land, or set off on your own to explore strange locations and develop your character based on their actions throughout the game. Featuring stunning 3D graphics, open-ended gameplay, and an incredible level of detail and interactivity, Morrowind offers a gameplay experience like no other.
<br>
<br>
In Tribunal, you journey to the capital city of Morrowind, called Mournhold, to meet the other two god-kings of Morrowind, Almalexia and Sotha Sil. Your journey will lead you to the Clockwork City of Sotha Sil and massive, epic-sized dungeons, where strange and deadly creatures await you, including goblins, lich lords, and the mysterious Fabricants.
<br>
<br>
Bloodmoon takes you to the frozen Island of Solstheim where you?ll experience snow, blizzards, and new creatures, including frost trolls, ice minions, and wolves?just to name a few. You?ll have a choice of stories to follow and have the opportunity to defend the colony, take control over how the colony is built up, and eliminate the werewolves. Or, you can decide to join the werewolves and become one of them, opening up a whole new style of gameplay.
<br>
<br>
For more information on Morrowind, Tribunal, Bloodmoon, or the Morrowind GotY edition, visit <a href="http://www.elderscrolls.com">www.elderscrolls.com</a>.
<br>
<br>
<font size="-1">About Bethesda Softworks®
<br>
Headquartered in Rockville, MD, Bethesda Softworks LLC is a developer and publisher of entertainment software and has published numerous award-winning titles, including The Elder Scrolls® series and the Terminator series. Its full product line spans the sports, racing, RPG, strategy and action genres. For more information on Bethesda Softworks? products, visit <a href="http://www.bethsoft.com">www.bethsoft.com</a>.
<br>
<br>
About Xbox
<br>
Xbox is the video game system from Microsoft that brings people together for the most exhilarating game and entertainment experiences. Xbox delivers an expansive collection of breakthrough games, powerful hardware and the unified Xbox Live online service. The new tagline, "it's good to play together," captures the spirit of Xbox as the social hub of the new digital entertainment lifestyle. Xbox is now available in North America, Asia, Europe and Australia.
<br>
<br>
Bethesda Softworks LLC is a ZeniMax Media company. The Elder Scrolls, Morrowind, Tribunal, Bloodmoon, Bethesda Softworks and ZeniMax and their respective logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of ZeniMax Media Inc. Xbox and Microsoft are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corp in the United States and/or other countries. Other product and company names referenced herein may be trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.</font></blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Nothing like bundle packs to encourage you to buy what you missed the first time for a decent price!
<br>
<br>
Thanks, <b>Pete Hines</b>!

Psilon

Erudite
Worked for Sir-Tech. The $20 packs of Jagged Alliance 2 and Wizardry 8 are way easier to find than the $50 copies ever were.

Now if only Bethesda would port Daggerfall to Windows...

Psilon

Erudite
I'd pay $30 for DirectX Daggerfall sans bugs. If they upgraded all the textures, sprites, and models, I'd easily pay $50.

Hell, if ES4 is just (a stable, uncompromised) Daggerfall With Elves I'd buy it in a flash.

That means I want my ship to work. There don't have to be piracy quests or anything, but I'd like to sleep on my ship without getting arrested for vagrancy.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Updated Daggerfall would be very nice and definitely worth $50. Btw, that the second time someone mentions ES4. Did I miss something? Is there some info available? or rumors?

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
And I would like it to include the Order of the Candle and a joinable organization lead by the King of Worms. Both of those things didn't make it into DG, but it seems that they were meant to be included.

DrattedTin

Liturgist
Not much is known about ES4, but it supposedly is code-named "Oblivion" and will be set in the Sumurset Isles. I hope it's just not another Morrowind with new graphics. (You're seeing the pattern, aren't you? Morrowind = isle of elves. Sumurset = island of elves.)

EEVIAC

Erudite
Now that its an XBox "poster-game" of sorts, I think we can forget about Morrowind evolving (or devolving, depending on your perspective) into a more complex game. Maybe if Fable is a really big success it might change Bethedsa's minds.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom