Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News New Circle of Eight ToEE Mod Pack Released

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Tags: Temple of Elemental Evil

The latest <a href="http://www.co8.org">Circle of Eight</a> modification pack for Troika's Temple of Elemental Evil has been released to support the newest patch (released just a couple of days back) and it contains several changes and new fixes, including:<blockquote>
<br>
-Updated all files to be compatible with the official ToEE patch
<br>
-Removed several assorted spell fixes rendered redundant by the patch
<br>
-Removed NPC looting fix (NPC looting fixed in patch)
<br>
-Fix for Masterwork Light Crossbow size
<br>
-Scather changed to medium weapon 1d10 rather than large weapon 2d6 </blockquote>
<br>
You can download the installer at <a href="http://www.co8.org/files/mods/TOEE_Co8_200.exe">this location</a>.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Exitium said:
-Scather changed to medium weapon 1d10 rather than large weapon 2d6

This was an annoying thing to do. Anyone who is planning on using Scather to the best of his/her abilities is already assuming that it's a greatsword because it's well established that in this game that's what it is. So you've got people working their way through the game towards that as their goal.. Then you guys just up and change it? Meh. :?

Spazmo

Erudite
Yeah, this is good stuff. Just one teeny request. Could the installer possibly include a screen where you choose which fixes to install? Some people, for instance, may want to keep Scather as is, or may want shrouded Hommlet or whatever.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I know I want my Scather back to being a Greatsword. I've got a CG fighter that's level 7 now that's been prepping for Scather for the last few days. Changing it like this is kin to if in Diablo 2, you had almost a complete set of Barbarian set item stuff except the weapon, which you've been dumping points in the whole time.. And then Blizzard changed the set so the weapon was a sword instead of a flail. Not cool.

suibhne

Erudite
I'm also concerned about the "removal" of the NPC looting fix. Was it totally removed, Exitium? 'Cuz the patch certainly doesn't fix all the problems with NPC looting; in some ways it makes them even worse.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I'm gonna break it to you guys -

Scather was always a bastard sword, even in the protos.tab. It was only assumed that it was a great sword because it was wielded two handed and classified as a 'large' weapon. On closer inspection, it is revealed to have always been a bastard sword and only bastard sword weapon proficiency/focus gave you bonuses to hit and damage with it.

It was just a buggy weapon which carried the 2d6 damage of the Great Sword and was wielded two handed but it was still nonetheless a bastard sword, and you can still wield it two-handed if you don't have the proficiency in bastard swords and do 1d10 damage (the correct amount) doing so. If you however have the proficiency in bastard swords, you can wield it one handed now, as previously you could not due to the incorrect size.

Realize that bastard swords, when used without proficiency, work as Great swords do. The nice thing about Scather is that it NEVER EVER MISSES A HIT so even arming your wizard with it will mean he too can swing and hit and do immense amounts of damage.

If anything, it is a boon to those who choose proficiency in bastard swords and not having that proficiency won't penalize you because it is a sword that always hits monsters with immunities lesser than +3.

As for the looting, we're working on it.

Visceris

Liturgist
I just want to say your efforts are very much appreciated. Now, if we can only get children back into the game... :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom