Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News CD Projekt release another trailer for their Witcher patch

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Witcher, The

Just in case you missed the first one, the marketing department has <a href="http://ve3d.ign.com/videos/35416/PC/The-Witcher-Enhanced-Edition">been in over-time mode making another one</a>. This one promises:
<br>
<blockquote>(A bunch of Game of the Year awards.)
<br>
Enhanced gameplay.
<br>
Technical improvements.
<br>
Visual updates.
<br>
Two new adventures.
<br>
D'Jinni Adventure Editor.
<br>
Two Music CD's.
<br>
Multilingual game disc.
<br>
In-depth game guide.
<br>
Short story by Andrzej Sapkowski
<br>
Map of the Witcher's World
<br>
This September: The Best Reaches Perfection</blockquote>
<br>
Let us all take a moment now and thank CD Projekt for making a Game of the Year Edition.
<br>
<br>
Cue fanboi nerd-rage in 3... 2...
<br>
<br>
Spotted @ <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com">A genuine news site</a>.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
calimero.jpg

Lumpy

Arcane
DU continues to provide lulzy newsposts while still being an asshole.
Good work.

Mor

Novice
Other than DU trying to prove something while sweating at the edge of his seat, there's nothing here that really merits another thread. Man up, kitten.

Blind Eye

Scholar
Re: CD Projekt release another trailer for their Witcher

DarkUnderlord said:
Just in case you missed the first one, the marketing department has <a href="http://ve3d.ign.com/videos/35416/PC/The-Witcher-Enhanced-Edition">been in over-time mode making another one</a>. This one promises:
<blockquote>(A bunch of Game of the Year awards.)
Enhanced gameplay.
Technical improvements.
Visual updates.
Two new adventures.
D'Jinni Adventure Editor.
Two Music CD's.
Multilingual game disc.
In-depth game guide.
Short story by Andrzej Sapkowski
Map of the Witcher's World
This September: The Best Reaches Perfection</blockquote>
Let us all take a moment now and thank CD Projekt for making a Game of the Year Edition FOR FREEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Cue fanboi nerd-rage in 3... 2...

Spotted @ <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com">A genuine news site</a>.

Fixed.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Re: CD Projekt release another trailer for their Witcher pat

DarkUnderlord said:
This September: The Best Reaches Perfection

This ridiculous sentence alone would make me hate The Witcher if I had never heard of it before.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Jasede, CDProjekt thinks quite highly of itself, unfortunately.

Recently, they even bit the hand that fed them, by criticising Bioware in an interview.

Basically, they have this idea that they are the only ones making good games, and that everyone is else a greedy sellout who couldn't hold a candle to them.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Yeah, let's all be nice together and respect each other's work. If they spent a lot of time on it, it means something so who cares about the quality of said work?

The Codex is starting to loose its balls.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Wyrmlord said:
Basically, they have this idea that they are the only ones making good games, and that everyone is else a greedy sellout who couldn't hold a candle to them.

Well, as far as CRPGs are concerned, isn't that true anyway? Apart from Obsidian. I don't know about "greedy" or "sellout," but Bioware and Bethesda sure aren't making amazing CRPGs.

I'd like to read that interview, too. DU's grudge-wanking spree hasn't seemed to catch it.

elander_

Arbiter
Lesifoere said:
Well, as far as CRPGs are concerned, isn't that true anyway? Apart from Obsidian. I don't know about "greedy" or "sellout," but Bioware and Bethesda sure aren't making amazing CRPGs.

Don't be an elitist. Think about those people who enjoy role-playing with their imagination, those who like to browse wiki characters and also those who enjoy the single player MMORPG genre. Those people have tastes too.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Oh, them.

For that matter, I wonder if CD Projekt regrets basing TW on Aurora? Everyone know Aurora is a badly-optimized piece of shit, and a great deal responsible for TW's performance problems at release.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Sorry, I only enjoy real roleplaying games, with a party and hopefully overland travel and tactical combat, so I really don't dig action games like The Witcher.

Look, is it so hard to understand that not everyone wants to suck CD Project's cock? The Codex is about offending people and we haven't offended CD Project nearly enough; the blind fanboy cocksucking is in fact sickening. To the core.

Chilling. Every DU anti-Witcher post makes this place less fanboyish. A good thing.

pkt-zer0

Scholar
Jasede said:
Sorry, I only enjoy real roleplaying games, with a party and hopefully overland travel and tactical combat, so I really don't dig action games like The Witcher.
I thought you liked Gothic.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
I'm just trying to make them start whining about The Witcher again. ^^;;;

Gerrard

Arcane
I'm not surprised at Atari waving this left and right considering that TW was one of the games that finally pulled them out of the red.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Gerrard said:
I'm not surprised at Atari waving this left and right considering that TW was one of the games that finally pulled them out of the red.
Did he really?

Gerrard

Arcane
WhiskeyWolf said:
Gerrard said:
Did he really?
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/54179

Along with the new AitD. Which kinda baffles me, because it got pretty bad scores and still sold 1.2 million copies.
I thought review scores were the only things the gray masses care about.

Then again 1.2 million over 5 platforms isn't what I'd call amazing.

yarpen

Novice
Lesifoere said:
Oh, them.

For that matter, I wonder if CD Projekt regrets basing TW on Aurora? Everyone know Aurora is a badly-optimized piece of shit, and a great deal responsible for TW's performance problems at release.
No we dont. Sure, it's not exactly the most technically advanced engine when it comes to graphics, but it had lots of other stuff that basically let us hit the ground running. I dont think we'd pull it off without *some kind* of RPG oriented engine (UE3 isnt one). Remember we were fairly small company when starting (4 coders for first ~2 years, about 10 at release day), so we wanted to focus on gameplay aspects as soon as possible. It didnt went as smooth as we expected, but that's another story. Sure, in the perfect world we'd just hire another 20 people and spent 2 years writing our own engine.
Wyrmlord said:
Recently, they even bit the hand that fed them, by criticising Bioware in an interview.
Bioware doesnt "feed" us :) Can you post URL for this interview? I'm curious myself. It most probably was someone's personal opinion. I can only speak for myself and programmers "room", but we all were rather impressed by Mass Effect (yeah, I know, not a wise thing to confess here) and DA looks even more interesting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom