Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News HOTU gone Gold

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: BioWare; Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark

<a href=http://www.bioware.com>BioWare</a>'s latest expansion for <a href=http://nwn.bioware.com>Neverwinter Nights</a>, <b>Hordes of the Underdark</b>, has <b>Gone Gold</b>. Here the forums post makign the announcement from BioWare's <b> Jay Watamaniuk </b>.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>That's right beautiful people BioWare proudly announces that the highly anticipated expansion pack Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark has gone gold and is being packaged up and should be arriving in North American stores by December 2!
<br>
<br>
Whooooo! Can you feel the love?</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
I can certainly feel BioWare fandom's misguided love of these sorry ass CRPGs.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at <a href="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blues News</a>

triCritical

Erudite
I know, and I consequently had to unsuscribe from those spammers mailing list for the third time. I should have never registered NWN. :(

Jed

Cipher
VoiceofReason said:
Only a fool complains when given good tools.
Like a nice hefty hammer for smashing NWN CDs! A broom for sweeping up the debris! Soap for washing my hands afterward! Yes, we love the actually good tools!

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
VoiceofReason said:
Only a fool complains when given good tools.
Only a fool makes pretentous posts full of bullshit and hidden wisdom :roll:

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
No, I think it's a convex statement. He's saying that since BioWare is filled with imbeciles at nearly every position(i.e. no good tools) of the company, people who complain about their work aren't foolish.

Eron

Novice
Gee, RPG Codex sure has a WHOLE slew of NWN haters..

Yes, I WAS dissapointed too.. But damnit I need RPG fixes and I need adventures. And if this is as close as I can get then so be it..

I love RPG's just that damn much.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Eron said:
Looks like you just like computer games that damn much. Not that there is anything wrong with that :wink:

triCritical

Erudite
Eron said:
Gee, RPG Codex sure has a WHOLE slew of NWN haters..

Yes, I WAS dissapointed too.. But damnit I need RPG fixes and I need adventures. And if this is as close as I can get then so be it..

Some people have dignity. I liked CRPG's too, but I am not going to lower my standards just because the ones coming out today suck so much. And the ones that have potential are forced on 18 month timelines like FO3 ( speculating ) and ToEE. Isn't funny on how the Troika CRPG that is going to suck gets like a 2+ year timeline.

Its a free country, depending on where you live, so like crappy CRPG's if you want.

Dan

Liturgist
I also like CRPG's but I won't get NWN.

I like ice cream, but I won't be getting any of the shit flavorued one, thank you.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
A chain whip? Or a bullwhip?

I noticed you can craft items now in HotU... Including the POTION and the SCROLL.. And that's it. :?

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Saint_Proverbius said:
A chain whip? Or a bullwhip?

I noticed you can craft items now in HotU... Including the POTION and the SCROLL.. And that's it. :?

Bullwhip. They have an animated gif of some stupid moron fighting a Hill Giant with one. And look! He's wearing one of those nifty new robes as well! And he probably just got done crafting a POTION which made him stupid upon drinking it and that's why he's attacking a Hill Giant with a whip! Yeah!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
SP, scribe scroll and brew potion are the only magical itemc reation feats. You also have weaponsmithing, and armourer as skills (non magical). And, there's supposedly, another way to create other magic items (I'm sure it's just the way they did it in the OC, or BG2).

suibhne

Erudite
How much you wanna bet that the whip will actually cause lethal damage (as opposed to subdual damage)? Yeah, maybe it's academic, but - wait, no it isn't. Bioware really is that dumb.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Yeah, BIO is dumb. They sure have no problem suckeirng the posters at RPGCodex into buying their poor games. :roll: So, I guess, that makes BIO dumb; but us dumber. :lol:

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Volourn said:
Yeah, BIO is dumb. They sure have no problem suckeirng the posters at RPGCodex into buying their poor games. :roll: So, I guess, that makes BIO dumb; but us dumber. :lol:

But... but... a WHIP! You have to be smart to be able to use one of those effectively, you know. :P

Jed

Cipher
Volourn said:
Check your pulse, V--you're the primary sucker for Bioware on this site. Most of the rest of us are just spectactors and hecklers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom