Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Gothic 3: Ragnarok interview at PcGames.de

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Tags: Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods; Trine Game Studios

PcGames.de have an <a href="http://www.pcgames.de/aid,659309/Interview/Interview_mit_Kevaad_Abdool_-_Produzent_von_Gothic_3_Goetterdaemmerung/">interview</a> with Kevaad Abdool of Trine studios, the Indian producers of Gothic 3: Götterdämmerung, the expansion to Piranha Bytes' bug-ridden but <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.com/content.php?id=137">charming and enjoyable</a> title.
<br>
<br>
A summary: even though Trine are based in India, they have people from the USA, UK and other European countries. They never had any contact with the original Gothic 3 team and claim to have complete freedom concerning the development of the expansion; still, the goal is to bridge the gap between Gothic 3 and Arcania: A Gothic Tale. The AI now takes more variables into account, so it's easier for the devs to control NPCs. There are of course numerous technical improvements, though Kevaad mostly speaks about improving the graphics. There have been two teams of testers, one from Trine, the other from JoWood.
<br>
<br>
The key features of the expansion are new characters, new weapons, the revamped combat system, new graphical effects and more fluid performance. There will be new quest types, to break the feeling of monotony which one might get while playing Gothic 3; new skills will be introduced, too. The devs have devised a complicated system regarding damage, stamina and health loss during combat, which uses the character and weapon attributes as inputs, so that now the player can develop a character which will fit his playing style (<i>I'm not sure what this means... maybe that the significance of player skill will be lowered? - Elwro</i>).
<br>
<br>
Read the interview <a href="http://www.pcgames.de/aid,659309/Interview/Interview_mit_Kevaad_Abdool_-_Produzent_von_Gothic_3_Goetterdaemmerung/">here</a>; the last page contains the English version (which I noticed after writing the summary from the German text GODDAMIT!).
<br>
<br>
"Götterdämmerung" sounds <emph>so</emph> much cooler than "Forsaken Gods", the official English title. And it also hints at some GvG action... who knows? Time will tell.
<br>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgwatch.com">RPG Watch</A>

MisterStone

Arcane
Let's file this in the "Can't wait to see wtf happens" file along with FO3...

uhjghvt

Scholar
why would anyone make an expansion for gothic 3 that 's like putting a porch on a burned down house

Murk

Arcane
remember when gothic was a fairly refreshing game franchise?

i'm so glad they fixed that.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Vault Dweller said:
The Indian producers of Gothic 3? Uh, what?

I'm actually rubbing tears of laughter out of my eyes right now. Nothing against Indians (I know a few nice ones) but I can't think of ANY game much less RPG from India... Anyone care to educate me?

Anyway, what they promise actually "sounds" good. I can't wait to see how this turns out.

EDIT: Typo.

Lumpy

Arcane
It sounds like the original Gothic team is being portrayed as some plague ridden degenerates which should be completely ignored in order to make a good game.

Data4

Arcane
If the awesomeness of Bollywood action movies could somehow be translated to a CRPG, I'd be the first to buy it.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I'm glad to see the Indians getting into the game making business, hopefully they can bring some fresh ideas, like what the eastern europeans have done for the last few years.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
More info on the Indians, from the interview:

PC Games: What projects/games have you produced in the past?

Abdool: We have produced India's most anticipated game "Streets of Mumbai”. We are also currently working on 3 unannounced next-gen projects for International Publishers using the top technology such as Unreal Engine 3 for XBOX360 and PS3. The team has experience working at many EA, Take-Two franchises.

Lumpy

Arcane
Is it just me or is JoWood giving the Gothic projects out to the lowest bidders?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Data4 said:
If the awesomeness of Bollywood action movies could somehow be translated to a CRPG, I'd be the first to buy it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom