Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Cyclopean Interview

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Tags: Cyclopean; Iron Tower

An interview with Scott, the Lead Developer and Writer of the Lovecraft-inspired cRPG "Cyclopean" from the Iron Tower Studios.

Radisshu

Prophet
This project sounds really ambitious, it's definitely something I'd love to play.

SlavemasterT

Arcane
Sounds interesting, now I have something other than AoD to keep on the radar screen. Does "Scott" go by some other name around here, or is he only active on the ITS forums?

Nice interview Elwro. Btw, the link to the forum at the end is messed up and leads back to the article.

Pastel

Scholar
I think he hates these forums or something.
I can see why he would though.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I really like this idea.

They should be careful though, not to fall in the same trap Dark corners of the world fell and make frustrating gameplay decisions trying to "enhance" the tension. I played DCOTW with the patch that let's you save anywhere and I still found the second half of the game very irritating most of the times. Atmosphere and interesting C&C is what they should work for.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
@SlavemasterT: thanks! I can't edit the interview now, but I will ask DU to do it.

@Occasionally Fatal: the first post of this thread was semi-automatically generated, meaning I had no idea this text without any link would end up there. I put the link in the newspost. Will edit the post right now.

Seems interesting. There are some concerns, obviously, like the whole sleep-sanity thing. But that should be worked out at some point.

Oarfish

Prophet
From what I picked up on the iron tower forums the sleep sanity thing is going to be very gradual. The idea is that you need to sleep at the sanatorium for a few weeks to get over a breakdown. Not unconvincing if that's the case.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
SlavemasterT said:
Does "Scott" go by some other name around here, or is he only active on the ITS forums?
As any other good God-fearing developer Scott has a proper Codex name. However, he is busy posting ideas and throwing concepts around, so if you want to talk to him, yet better come and visit us one day.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom