Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Nothing is being physically taken from Fallout 3

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Fallout 3

<a href="http://www.videogamer.com/news/09-10-2008-9606.html">VideoGamer report that Fallout 3 has been pirated</a>. And it's not the PC version, it's the Xbox 360 version which has been leaked to evil pirating internetz sites and...
<br>
<blockquote>It doesn't stop there. One cocky gamer has even gone so far as to post a live streaming video of their first experiences with the game. Presumably they don't have a problem with advertising the fact that they're breaking the law.
<br>
<br>
We have contacted Bethesda, but so far they've declined to comment on the situation. While we're sure they're not too happy about the leak, they can at least take heart from the positive response most people seem to be giving the game. Early reactions to Fallout 3 have included, "Sweeeeet!" "Yay!" and "I want to **** this game so hard!"</blockquote>
<br>
Hmmmm... Maybe this is Bethesda's new marketing strategy? <a href="http://www.videogamer.com/features/article/09-10-2008-528.html">VideoGamer also spent nine hours with the game</a> to give us their top 10 kick-ass moments:
<br>
<blockquote>10. I Heart Megaton
<br>
9. Becoming a Home owner
<br>
8. Hitchhiker's Guide To The Wasteland
<br>
7. Unexpected Gifts
<br>
6. Arefu Detour
<br>
5. We Are Family
<br>
4. How Utterly Captivating!
<br>
3. Bridge Over Troubled Water
<br>
2. With Friends Like These...
<br>
1. Rise of the Robots</blockquote>
<br>
... which is really just them playing the game and giving their paragraphs witty titles.
<br>
<br>
Thanks <b>Kharn</b>!

Micmu

Magister
Hmmmm... Maybe this is Bethesda's new marketing strategy?
IMHO, that's quite plausible. The guy who played it (this thread) never ever commented on the game, even when asked to (everyone else was laughing though). Well, at least when I was online. And that OMG bethesda called me!11 sounded like a phony bullshit, too, especially because the feed wasn't shut down :roll:

Chefe

Erudite
It's wonderful to know not physically taking anything from an inventory is so accepted and lauded these days. What a glorious time we live in.

Topher

Cipher
The thread was shut down but it wasn't until a while after the call... could have been PR bullshit but I doubt it because the guy playing the game stayed on and talked about random stuff for a long while afterwards.

Either way the game looked disappointing.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
"I want to **** this game so hard until it bleeds because it is so horrible that it truly deserves the worst forms of rape!"

EDIT:
Also, note how they used **** instead of the actual word "fuck". It could also mean "beat", or "shit" or "piss" or "kill" or any other negative word. Never trust something you haven't censored yourself.

DiverNB

Liturgist
Perfect thing to happen, really.

Publishers
"OMG PC SUX STUFF GETS PIRATED WAY TOO EZ"

Fallout 3 Leaked to the consoles

Publishers
"...."

Everyone acts like modding/piracy isnt rampant on consoles too. I'd say it is even more plausible then the PC, because of the target audiences low income (IE Teenagers)

Chefe

Erudite
Exactly.

It's quite popular around here, and around the CRPG crowd in general, to decry Bethesda. I have been thinking now that they are actually moving in an attempt to save PC gaming.

Hear me out. With the recent crisis of the leaking of Crysis and Spore to PCs, our beloved platform has been given a bad rap, and consoles are shown in a good light. However, Bethesda decides to sacrifice some of their sales to save the PC, by intentionally leaking an Xbox 360 version the day the game goes gold.

"But what about their stupid games, Chefe? Bethesda makes stupid games!"
They don't. They have been making whatever the fuck games they feel like. If you enjoy their insanity and humor, then you will like Oblivion and Fallout 3. If you don't, you won't like them.

They are doing what was never thought possible - making a game they wanted, in every regard, while still raking in tons of cash.

How?

Their secret weapon. Pete "The Hype" Hines. Console gamers are easily manipulated into liking anything. Pete knows how to capitalize on this. He has even manipulated them into feeling nostalgia for the Fallout license... the original games most of those console kids had never even heard about!

Let's recap. They make the fun and crazy game they damn well feel like making. They use the Pete Machine to make money off of console kids and PC gamers who don't know better. Money is also made from the people who enjoy Bethesda's style, which Pete doesn't affect, nor does he need to. Most of them are PC gamers. They secretely leak an Xbox 360 copy amist a time when publishers are decrying the PC platform for piracy. They tell all the major sites to take down videos, but don't do too much beyond that, so the message is still out there, "Want Fallout 3? Pirate it on your Xbawks!" This also has the fortunate side affect of increasing the PC sales chart when compared to the Xbox in the eyes of ZeniMax.

"But why Fallout?" the fans cry. Well, have you thought about why Interplay has suddenly emerged and is back to making games? Bethesda saved them. There had to be a sacrifice though, and since Bethesda makes RPGs, it was Fallout that Interplay lost.

"But why not include anyone from the original Fallout team?" the fans cry. Well, then the plan would have been given away.

The PC gaming industry can only be saved by a bunch of wild and crazy developers. It can only be saved... by Bethesda!

Konjad

⛏
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Chefe said:
The PC gaming industry can only be saved by a bunch of wild and crazy developers. It can only be saved... by Bethesda!
They are the Chosen One.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Fat Dragon said:
Volrath said:
STEEL BE WITH YOU!
:lol:
Fuckin' hell. Cracks me up everytime I read that, it's gold.
fc926f630a210e77b33d9e89b1394278b72f169d.jpg

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
In fact, how is Fallout 3 worse than Bloodlines?

Loading screens? Check.
Unpickable locks? Check.
Some cringe-worthy VO and dialogue? Check.
Numerous combat flaws? Check.

Mareus

Magister
Gragt said:
At least Bloodlines did not suck as much as Final Faggotry 7.
When I leveled up, I picked "immunity to FF7 haters" perk. You will have to do better than that to flame me, you know?

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Mareus said:
Gragt said:
When I leveled up, I picked "immunity to FF7 haters" perk. You will have to do better than that to flame me, you know?
Seems it was a dump perk. You just couldn't get enough of us in that FF7 hate thread. :D

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Cool so that means you'll go back to the thread and continue the discussion where you left it? There are still questionned unanswered.

DefJam101

Arcane
Mareus said:
Gragt said:

Wow, good one! LOL!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom