Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview The Fallout Community Wayback Machine

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Fallout

<a href="http://fallout3.wordpress.com/" target="blank">Blogger extraordinaire</a>, <a href="http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=26440" target="blank">Gamespy peon</a>, and former NMA staff member <b>Briosafreak</b> was interviewed at <a href="http://alleyofinfiniteangles.com/node/42" target="blank">Alley of Infinite Angles</a> about the past and present of the Fallout fan community. Here's a snippet on the Van Buren days:
<br>
<blockquote>Besides using the Tactics approach of using the forum to talk to the devs directly, informal second tier channels were setup, making the misunderstandings much easier to resolve.
<br>

<br>
We also divided roles: RPGCodex would be the place to be completely negative, since Saint_Proverbius knew since July 2003 people at Interplay management were trying to boycott the game anyway, and he didn’t like a few BIS guys personally; with the same knowledge Killzig from DAC left the community run its course, with mostly negative positions, since he didn’t want people to be disappointed if things got a sour end, but at the same time remained in touch with BIS devs and was rooting for something good to come out of it; and we at NMA worked the most we could to give visibility to the project, in order to make it harder for Interplay to cancel it.
<br>

<br>
Well the game was indeed cancelled, and BIS was shut down (thanks for nothing Jim Molitor and Herve Caen), the devs came to the topic we started at NMA, a thing that still fills me with pride, and we mourned and made plans to the future.</blockquote>
<br>
The Codex completely negative? I hope a meteor falls on that bastard's house.
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.nma-fallout.com/">No Mutants Allowed</A>

merry andrew

Erudite
Seeing a trailer for Fallout 3 on the screens at Hollywood Video makes me feel like I'm in the end times; how's that for positive?

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The Codex negative? What a fucking asshole!

Briosafreak

Augur
wwaaaaat

Edit: One thing from the days of 2003 was that #fallout was awesome. Best fun I ever had on IRC was there, it was the most fun thing Fallout fans ever did.

Rosh

Erudite
Claw said:
Glittering Gems of Hatred!

Gems of Hatred!

Hatred!

:evil:

Okay, you said my name three times. Now what the fuck do you want?

mahdi

Liturgist
Briosafreak! Briosafreak! goes the refrain. A million deaths were not enough for Briosafreak!

Rosh, say what you want of Beth/Fallout3 here, know that you will never be censored by those assholes at NMA.

Rosh

Erudite
baby arm said:
We want you to mud wrestle Cleve Blakemore.

*twitch*

Okay, there's some things in this world even I find too distasteful, even if I got to bring a ghetto knife to that match.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Rosh said:
baby arm said:
We want you to mud wrestle Cleve Blakemore.

*twitch*

Okay, there's some things in this world even I find too distasteful, even if I got to bring a ghetto knife to that match.

Rosh, you're so out of touch.

Their called Nigger-stickers now man. Nigger-stickers. Also, if you stab children, then Niglet-stickers. I prefer the sawed off pool cue myself, you know, the ape-beater.

Anyway, nice to see you round.

Rosh

Erudite
Major_Blackhart said:
Rosh, you're so out of touch.

Their called Nigger-stickers now man. Nigger-stickers. Also, if you stab children, then Niglet-stickers. I prefer the sawed off pool cue myself, you know, the ape-beater.

Well, I was going to say "nigger knife" but the beaners here stab each other with them, too, so I couldn't be discriminatory towards any ethnic group about it. :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom