Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Storm of Zehir manual released

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Tags: Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir; Origin Systems

That's right, you can grab it from <a href="http://www.atari-store.co.uk/pc-games/buy-download-Neverwinter_Nights_2_-_Storm_of_Zehir.html?affilie=SCE081101000B&IdTis=XTC-DE4Q-NZDV9-DD-QAV98-1R9">this page</a> after scrolling down; you can also try <a href="http://maud.metaboli.fr:3006/repository/N2SOZ/en/manuals/user_manual_en.pdf">this</a> direct link. Both are unreliable - if they don't work, try in a minute.
<br>
<br>
A bit about "Teamwork Benefits":<blockquote>For every three levels your party has advanced, and if they meet the prerequisites, you earn a new Teamwork Benefit. In order to earn the benefit, the party must pay pay a training fee of 1,000 gold and successfully complete a quest. Once you receive a Teamwork Benefit, it remains active at all times, even if the party members change.
<br>
<br>
*snip*
<br>
<br>
<b>Missile Volley</b> - your team excels as firing as a group, unleashing a saturated wave of arrows and bolts. Each member places her shots so that the target cannot dodge them all.<ul><li>Team Member Prerequisite: Point Blank Shot <li>Benefit: Enemies get a stacking debuff of -1 AC vs. missile weapons when attacked with a missile weapon. The debuff lasts for a round.</ul></blockquote>Apart from all the "technical" bits (lots of it, it's an interesting read), we also learn that the expansion is dedicated to Gary Gygax.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=654825&forum=128">NWN 2 forums</A>

Starwars

Arcane
It's also possible that this is not finished or something. For example, there will be another (third) camera mode to choose from which doesn't seem to be mentioned in here.

Lurkar

Scholar
Really, this is the perfect KIND of game to dedicate to Gygax. A much more light hearted romp focusing on exploration and dungeon delving? That's how D&D started.

Really, much of this game makes me think of a more old-school styled D&D game - that is to say, a game that actually feels more like a tabletop one. The party dialogues are a great example of this - Only the shittiest of groups have dickweeds randomly jutting into a conversation to cry, most have the group murmuring to each other for a bit before sending out whoever has the highest skill in whatever they need to use. See also the idea of the game being party based instead of protagonist based.

Black

Arcane
Teamwork benefits may make your team seem more like a real team, not just a random bunch of faggots.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Nha. You still will be abunch of random fagoots. Just a bunch of random faggots with a bunch of random faggoty skills.

Black

Arcane
Volourn said:
Nha. You still will be abunch of random fagoots. Just a bunch of random faggots with a bunch of random faggoty skills.
no u

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Are they even allowed to do something like this? I know Bethesda threw a shit fit when their game manuals were hosted on replacementdocs.com.

Lurkar

Scholar
OldSkoolKamikaze said:
Are they even allowed to do something like this? I know Bethesda threw a shit fit when their game manuals were hosted on replacementdocs.com.

What, you're asking if Atari is allowed to host it's own manual...?

Just because Zenimax has Bored Lawyer Syndrome doesn't mean other companies do.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Lurkar said:
What, you're asking if Atari is allowed to host it's own manual...?

Heh. I didn't notice it was Atari's site. My bad.

Mister Arkham

Scholar
Lurkar said:
Really, this is the perfect KIND of game to dedicate to Gygax. A much more light hearted romp focusing on exploration and dungeon delving? That's how D&D started.

Agreed.

I think that this title has been shaping up to be something really cool. It sounds like the kind of games my friends and I used to play way back when, and I think that D&D 3.5 is a really good system for digital translation. I never picked up Mask of the Betrayer, but I'm definitely going to give this one a shot.

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Black said:
Teamwork benefits may make your team seem more like a real team, not just a random bunch of faggots.

The idea of team benefits seems great indeed. But I'm not sure about those proposed by Obsidian. What's the purpose? Give us some free skill points? Force each member of the team to train one peculiar skill? Or simply make us get back to Crossroad Keep every now and then?

That's too unnatural to make the team more... real.

deuxhero

Arcane
Don't ask me, I always thought the fighter giveing the rogue a flank, or the wizard useing grease to force targets to ballance (and become flat footed, loseing dex bonus to AC and becomeing sneak attackable) were some of the better examples of team work in D&D

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
That's for team work, yes. But I believe that team benefits are to help building a common story. To cement the relationships between the members of the team, or some kind of bullshit from like that. Human resources, man, human resources.

Texas Red

Whiner
Mister Arkham said:
I never picked up Mask of the Betrayer, but I'm definitely going to give this one a shot.

And what is your excuse, decliner?

Mister Arkham

Scholar
Dark Individual said:
Mister Arkham said:
I never picked up Mask of the Betrayer, but I'm definitely going to give this one a shot.

And what is your excuse, decliner?

NWN2 ran like ass on my computer at the time and I hadn't yet upgraded when MotB came out. Once I did the game was off of my radar. I'll probably pick them both up when the new one hits shelves.

Chefe

Erudite
Everything I've heard about this game seems pretty good so far. I wonder if it will be enough to convince me to actually buy NWN2.

Saxon1974

Prophet
Man I miss the manuals of old....The ones that had a Bestiary and some background lore on the towns and people's in the world.

All they have now are how to regarding game play, its not like game are hard to figure out these days.

If im getting this type of manual and no map, then I might as well just download the game instead of buying the box.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom