Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview The Witcher: Enhanced project lead interview

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Witcher, The

<a href="http://www.gamingnexus.com/Default.aspx?Section=Article&I=2020">GamingNexus have interviewed Maciej Szcze&#347;nik, Project Lead during the development of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition</a>:
<br>
<blockquote><b>Is CD Projekt planning on specializing in RPGs or are cross-genre games or even titles from a completely different genre possibilities?</b>
<br>
At the moment we plan to stay with RPGs, but we aren’t shutting out different genres. As designers, programmers and artists, we play all kinds of games. Most probably we will try different genres, as well, but first we want to establish ourselves as a top RPG developer.
<br>
<br>
<b>Do you have any kind of statistics on how many owners of The Witcher have upgraded to the enhanced patch? How are you getting the word out to existing owners?</b>
<br>
We don’t have any official stats yet, but there were about 30,000 downloads during the first weekend. We get the word out to our existing users via newsletters and different game oriented websites; hopefully that will reach most of the players who purchased the original.
<br>
<br>
<b>Even if a player purchased the original game in 2007, there's a lot of incentive to purchase a copy of The Witcher Enhanced for all the extras included in the bundle. How many others like myself do you estimate have gone for that option?</b>
<br>
We don’t know that yet. We are still waiting for initial sales. All we know now is that lots of people – whether first-time players or existing customers – have purchased The Witcher: Enhanced Edition at retail and online. In Poland it is on the top of the bestsellers’ lists in malls.
<br>
<br>
<b>What of all the changes made to The Witcher Enhanced is the most important or satisfying to you personally?</b>
<br>
I have three :). Loading times, new inventory screen and multilingual edition. I can finally play with English voices and Polish subtitles. Then I will play with Russian voices and Polish subtitles :).</blockquote>
<br>
DarkUnderlord Casts: Summon fanbois.
<br>
<br>
Spotted @ <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com">GameBanshee</a>

St. Toxic

Arcane
DarkUnderlord said:
<b>What of all the changes made to The Witcher Enhanced is the most important or satisfying to you personally?</b>
I have three :). Loading times...

Gotta say, the loading times got alot slower, at least on this end, with the EE than without it.

SpaceKungFuMan

Scholar
Shannow said:
Quilty said:
Jaime Lannister said:
One day when Bethesda makes a Witcher sequel

That's disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself.
He fucks his sister and murders children. He's not ashamed of anything, for fucks sake.

Are you saying incest and child killing are as bad as giving Beth the rights to a good rpg? I'd have been much happier to hear Pete and Todd fucked their sisters while on a killing spree than to hear that Beth got the rights to Fallout. . .

Shannow

Waster of Time
SpaceKungFuMan said:
Shannow said:
Quilty said:
Jaime Lannister said:
One day when Bethesda makes a Witcher sequel

That's disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself.
He fucks his sister and murders children. He's not ashamed of anything, for fucks sake.

Are you saying incest and child killing are as bad as giving Beth the rights to a good rpg? I'd have been much happier to hear Pete and Todd fucked their sisters while on a killing spree than to hear that Beth got the rights to Fallout. . .
I'm saying that the path to Hell is paved with good intentions. I'm saying that death is the only certainty in life.

Just you wait. PS:T 2, X-Com: War of the Enforcers, Deus Ex: Total Visibility War, A Story of Ice and Fire: Day of the Tentacle Rape, Arcanum 2: Of Railguns and Fireballs and Vampire the Masquerade: Halo are all in the pipe. The End is nigh! Repent! :doom:

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Shannow said:
bozia2012 said:
Forgetting implies I ever knew. Since I didn't rehash a senseless and untrue phrase but made my own senseless but true phrase which only coincidentally resembles something I haven't heard before, there is no way I could have forgotten it ;)

Yeah ok, but you are stupid ;)

No seriously, this saying is like basic stuff among better educated people in my location - it seems it ain't THAT popular elsewhere :oops:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom