Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Mass Effect 2 Confirmed

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: BioWare; Mass Effect 2

While there was some talk of <b><a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=182" target="blank">Mass Effect</a></b> becoming an epic trilogy, there's been no confirmation of <b>Mass Effect 2</b> until GDC published their upcoming lecture schedule, including <a href="https://www.cmpevents.com/GD09/a.asp?option=C&V=11&SessID=8854" target="blank">"The Iterative Level Design Process of Bioware's MASS EFFECT 2"</a>.
<br>
<blockquote>Attendees will: - Gain insight into some of the major issues the development team encountered while building Mass Effect at BioWare; - Get a detailed look at the Mass Effect team’s new approach to creating levels while avoiding these issues; - Find out how this new process is working for the Mass Effect team; - Learn about new pitfalls the team discovered that can potentially be avoided on future game projects.</blockquote>

Baphomet

Scholar
This salarian is the CEO of a corporate controlled planet. Let's make his office huge. Now what would an intergalactic CEO have in his office? A desk. And ... um ... let's throw in some crates and a large plant.

MetalCraze

Arcane
The plot of Mass Effect 2.

SPOILER WARNING!

Of course Shepard's "victory" wasn't really a victory and robots still manage to open a giant portal into our galaxy through which the main robot baddies come. But fortunately Shepard and his team are now at epic levels thus they destroy the whole packs of robots by simply looking at them, while galaxy has a big trouble doing the same and thus needs a hero. And of course here he is!
In the end Shepard gains yet another "victory" by fighting yet another boss with retarded design, robots temporarily retreat, some new characters are getting introduced that are as deep as in "holding gun and shooting enemies", but of course Shepard doesn't care when they start dying, because he is too busy having gay sex with yet another stereotype.

Andhaira

Arcane
Wait, do you retain all your powers and abilities ordo you convieniently..'forget' them?

Also, can you carry over save games?

MetalCraze

Arcane
No it will be story about Shepard continuing to fight the same looking 3D model of a robot. Bioware specifically stated that you will need savegames just to help the game determine which of the useless characters you don't care about to not include in your walkthrough.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I think they confirmed that you will be able to carry over your savegame so you can continue your career. Most likely it won't matter whether you do or not, though.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
ME would almost be a good game if the side-quests weren't the same fucking thing every time. Maybe they'll fix that.

aries202

Erudite
AndhairaX said:
Wait, do you retain all your powers and abilities or do you convieniently..'forget' them?

Also, can you carry over save games?

Yes, you can and will carry over your saved game(s). A Bioware dev. has confirmed that Mass Effect 2 will read your saved game(s) as to see what decisions you have made, who you left behind and other choices you've made in Mass Effect 1.

Whether this means you will carry over all your abilities, powers and gear? I don't know.
People who didn't pay the ME1 will probably get a chance to play ME2 - without having played the first one. I haven't seen anything on this on the Bioware site, though.

If I have, I didn't remember it...

edit:
And to get confirmation for ME2 wasn't all that of a (big) surprise, though? now was it?

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
It's also been confirmed that Mass effect 2 will be exclusively for the xbox for 15 minutes.

Drakron

Arcane
Get a detailed look at the Mass Effect team’s new approach to creating levels while avoiding these issues

New approach that lead to the same thing, a video game layout.

Rhalle

Magister
See, you drag your mouse while holding down mouse 1 and make a really long hallway. Drop some square blocks, trees or rocks in a staggered fashion on either side of that hallway.

If it's a driving mission, make sure your hallway is really-- and I mean really-- long; the longer the better, actually, since customers love 'epic' scope, as we all know. Cover all with grey cement or grass texture, depending on environment.

Upload to EA store.

Thank you.

sheek

Arbiter
Does ME1 end with a story that can be continued in a non-retarded way? Aren't you level something insane and have all the weapons? MotB managed to get past this by building the whole game around the a high level character, but that makes it a quite different game.

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Maybe they'll do some innovative plot design decision. One like Shepard looses his memory and becomes level 1 therefore. That plot would be very fresh for rpg game.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
"When you fell, it was like a part of me shatterred. I thought that peice would be broken forever, but we have another chance. I love you and never want to let you go."

- "I liked that. Say that again."
- "You leave me no choice Sky. I am going to have to kiss you now."

My GOD. Bioware's writing has become worse? I mean, there were a few rough edges in KotOR, but this stuff is fanfic Twilight level rubbish. Suddenly, an amateur like Melirinda is more talented than the entire Bioware staff.

DiverNB

Liturgist
EH, If they were to actually fix mistakes it could be a great game.

I'll buy it either way, I love space settings. Something about the black void gives me a raging hard on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom