Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News Vampire Bloodlines companion mod

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

If you've ever wanted companions in your Bloodlines, <a href="http://sites.google.com/site/vtmbcompmodhome/">you might want to try this new mod</a> built on top of the 5.6 Unofficial Patch:
<br>
<blockquote>VTMB CompMod enhances Vampires: The Masquerade Bloodlines by allowing you to recruit other NPCs to join your party and travel with you throughout the game. Other enhancements include:
<br>
<br>
* Ability to possess your traveling companions and use their special abilities from afar (if desired).
<br>
* Ability to embrace select human companions later in the game.
<br>
* Place party members around your haven in an assortment of animated poses
<br>
* Tell party members to change outfits.
<br>
* Supports installable outfit packs.
<br>
* Access to secondary traveling inventory through companion dialog.
<br>
* Over 250 dialog responses were crafted from existing audio to support new transition conversations with companions.
<br>
* Access to secondary traveling inventory through companion dialog.</blockquote>
<br>
There's also a <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh9qwRJHx1I">YouTube video of the features in action</a>. <a href="http://files.filefront.com/VTMB+Companion+Mod/;13350196;/fileinfo.html">Version 1.0 of the mod</a> was released a few days ago.
<br>
<br>
Thanks <b>ghostdog</b>!

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
That has always been the problem with VtM. It can be a great RPG with a good setting, an emphasis on politics and player relationships. But it almost always ends up as a game for emo fags.

sheek

Arbiter
LOL, I think it's an awesome idea. Won't help game balance at all but if you've played VtmB before the only challenge is in repetition and this makes it worth a replay.

VtmB desperately needed this thing out of all.
It's already had 56 patches worth of bug-fixing and gameplay improvements. I don't think there's much more it 'needs' until it can be modded with new characters and quests creating a new game (any word on Bloodlines Revival?). This is fun and it's interesting just to know it could be done.

Admit it, you just like to bitch.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
What a fucking stupid mod.

The only mod I have wanted for VtM:B, was for you to make a Male Ghoul (instead of the default Female one). :cry:

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm still waiting for that conversion mod that would bring Vtm:B over to the current version of the Source engine, mods would probably start springing up then.

elander_

Arbiter

If i recall you need permission from your vampire prince to embrace anyone, otherwise the intro movie shows what happens if you don't.

racofer

Thread Incliner
elander_ said:

If i recall you need permission from your vampire prince to embrace anyone, otherwise the intro movie shows what happens if you don't.

Hey, keep your coherence away from my mod!

burrie

Scholar
Check the videos. The Prince actually grants you permission before you can embrace someone in the mod.

Overall, I like the idea of this mod... the latter stuff just sounds so... gratutious.

Lurkar

Scholar
It's just a matter of time before someone makes a full nudity mod. Then its the worse of Morrowind all over again.

NiM82

Prophet
Lurkar said:
It's just a matter of time before someone makes a full nudity mod. Then its the worse of Morrowind all over again.

Urm, the nude mods for Bloodlines came out days after it's release.

WalterKinde

Scholar
Had Troika not gone under and VTMB had been a mega hit i am betting the sequel would have had companions/a party.
So its good to see what might have been.

sheek

Arbiter
As did it's 'predecessor' Redemption. I think companions do make games less actiony, which was my main complaint about Bloodlines, it was too 'epic' and cinematic (a single newly embraced Vampire killing several thousand people including a few hundred other vampires and several elder generation vamps in, apparently, a week or two). Parties produce their own problems but they bring out the potential for tactical depth.

Double Ogre

Scholar
Here's an interesting bit from an Arcanum developer chat, June 26, 2001.
[Fintilgin] Does Troika have a philosophical or other preference for the isometric 3rd person POV (2d/3d irrelevent), or is there any chance we might see a first-person perspective Troika RPG at some point in the future? Personally I prefer 1st person, as it's the difference between ]playing[ a character, and ]being[ a character. :)
[Leon] it's hard to do parties with a first prson perspective
[shellman] I haven't liked the party controls in any of the first persons so far
[TimCain] I think we will try first-person one day, but it makes for a VERY different game and groups are almost impossible to control
[Leon] but we never rule anything out
[Steve[Troika]] Personally I think each has its own severe limitations, and really its up to the game mechanics to make it come out good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom