Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Metalheart info exhange

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Akella; Metalheart: Replicants Rampage

We have <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.com/content.php?id=92">an interview</a> with two <b>Alexanders</b> from <a href="http://www.akella.com/">Akella</A> about their sci-fi but not exactly cyberpunk CRPG, <a href="http://www.metalheart.ru/">Metalheart</a>. Here's a clip:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><I><B>9.)</B> What does the term, "Free-generated story quests" mean? What about this feature will make Metalheart stand out from the pack?</I>
<br>
<br>
Well, we have a quest-generator in the game which automatically creates quests for the player if he really wants them. The ‘quest patterns’ are actually a bit typical for RPGs. So we can’t say we will show you something extremely original, we don’t want to lie about that like some others do. We just offer the things you like. Things typical for RPGs, but the variations of these things are huge. The quests are not very original, but there are about 14000 variations of them, so the player definetely wouldn’t be bored if he will choose to make a step off the storyline and just to ‘travel’ in the Metalheart world.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
I like honesty. Honesty is a good thing.
<br>

jvn3t

Novice
<i>So we can’t say we will show you something extremely original, we don’t want to lie about that like some others do.</i>

They've got my hard-finked fifty bucks.

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
I like this game overall.

I do not like the thing that you cannot choose sex and name of the 2 main players.

How hard would that be ?
They could have the same starting stats just change sex and name.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Greyhawk said:
You've gotta respect an honest company. So few of those around.

I agree.

I've liked what I've seen about Metalheart so far. I just hope the combat is decent. ToEE combat was some of the best I've seen in an CRPG in quite some time. It doesn't have to be as detailed as that combat system, but it would definitely be nice to see.

EEVIAC

Erudite
Its pretty sad that the people that worked on the games that were name-checked while describing their combat system (JA, XCom, Fallout,) are currently out of work. Except for Fallout I guess, but they had to start their own company. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If anyone has any news on Sir Tech I'd love to hear it. I'm playing Wizardry 8 for the first time right now and loving it.

JJ86

Liturgist
Human Shield said:
X-Com guys are making this awesome game

An online game? WTF? Why is that hard to just make it stand alone so that you can just play it over a lan with friends? I just don't like the entire idea of subscription games

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom