Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout 3: Aliens - Since Vampires weren't Enough

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Fallout 3

Now I'll admit that I enjoyed Fallout 3 quite a bit and <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=31852" target="blank">Fallout: New Vegas</a> is near the top of my must play list, but there are <a href="http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/home/pr-051909.php" target="blank">some things</a> that even a card carrying member of the Shit Games Liberation Front won't buy.
<br>
<blockquote>There are also two new DLCs planned for all three platforms:
<br>
<br>
* Point Lookout – Explore a massive new swampland area filled with new quests and content.
<br>
* Mothership Zeta – The aliens have returned, and they're pissed. Experience an alien abduction first hand and find out if you're tough enough to survive.
<br>
<br>
Point Lookout will be available in late June for Xbox 360 and PC. Cost will be 800 points or $9.99. It will be available through Xbox Live and Games for Windows Live and through token cards available at retail. Point Lookout will be available on PS3 after the first three DLCs have been released.
<br>
<br>
Mothership Zeta is scheduled for release in late July for Xbox 360 and PC. Cost will be 800 points or $9.99. It will be available through Xbox Live and Games for Windows Live and through token cards available at retail. Mothership Zeta will be available on PS3 after Point Lookout. </blockquote>
<br>
<br>
<i>Thanks to Silellak for pointing this out</i>

Silellak

Cipher
baby arm said:
Now I'll admit that I enjoyed Fallout 3 quite a bit and Fallout: New Vegas is near the top of my must play list, but there are some things that even a card carrying member of the Shit Games Liberation Front won't buy.

I'm in the same boat. I actually LIKED Fallout 3, and thought it was easily one of the best games I played last year. But this is just laughably bad.

Not only that, but at the rate they're milking Fallout 3, I could sell my existing copy, buy the GOTY edition in October, and actually SAVE money.

Deleted member 7219

Aliens were in Fallout and Fallout 2.

Stop crying.

Silellak

Cipher
Matt7895 said:
Aliens were in Fallout and Fallout 2.

Stop crying.

Good idea. Why not create DLC based on all the throw-away gags from the original Fallout games?

Fallout 3: The Doctor.

Encounter the famous Doctor Who and travel through time, battling strange new foes and perhaps even earning the keys to a certain police box-shaped time machine!

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Weren't the "aliens" supposed to be a result of genetic experiments in FO1 and 2?

Silellak

Cipher
CSI-Fallout.JPG

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
ghostdog said:
Weren't the "aliens" supposed to be a result of genetic experiments in FO1 and 2?

The corpse you see in the Sierra Army Depot in Fallout 2 is a genetic mutant, yeah.

The alien in Fallout 1 is unexplained, just like the Godzilla footprint and Dr Who box encounter. That's because they're *jokes*, not integral part of the setting.

It makes sense, tho'. Bethesda already completely botched up making a Fallout that's close to F1/2 in gameplay terms, so why not fuck up the setting and canon as well?

Silellak

Cipher
Brother None said:
ghostdog said:

The corpse you see in the Sierra Army Depot in Fallout 2 is a genetic mutant, yeah.

The alien in Fallout 1 is unexplained, just like the Godzilla footprint and Dr Who box encounter. That's because they're *jokes*, not integral part of the setting.

It makes sense, tho'. Bethesda already completely botched up making a Fallout that's close to F1/2 in gameplay terms, so why not fuck up the setting and canon as well?

Fallout 3: The King of Monsters

Thought Super Mutant Behemoths were big? You ain't seen nothin' yet, soldier. Mutants and ghouls were just the beginning -- the bombs woke up...something else.

In this exciting extension of the award-winning Fallout 3, you will face the infamous Godzilla, King of the Monsters. But you won't be alone. Liberty Prime is ready for the ultimate throw-down - and this time, you're the pilot.

Luzur

Good Sir
idiocy and shits.

some new swampy ruined town or large explorable city like Philadelphia or New York is ok in my book, but aliens?

running out of ideas already, todders?

Luzur

Good Sir
WhiskeyWolf said:
entertainer said:
How is this received at bethesda republic forums?
TESF said:
*fap**fap**fap*
Just a guess.

kinda mixed, but the majority is fapping. taken from Gstaff's announcement thread:

I can't wait to see an irradiated swamp biggrin.gif

Can The GOTY edition come with a bobblehead heee.gif please.

Aliens? They must be pissed that i stole the Alien Blaster Bolt.sml.gif
Edit: And good to see that PS3 users can finally enjoy these DLC's fing34.gif

Thank you for the info G!
I can't wait to get abducted! biggrin.gif

Aliens... What the hell guys?!
Maaaaan...
Post apocalyptic sci-fi please. Not out of space sci-fi.

I think it's a great idea. If there is a wrecked alien spaceship, there can be alien abductions - it fits in fine. That's one I am looking forward to. biggrin.gif

I KNEW it!! I KNEW Point Look was not a fake!!!

I can already guarantee you that I'll buy both addon packs as soon as they are released. I couldn't care less about bobbleheads. I skip them even in the game.

It is a bit out there, but flying saucers certainly fit the 50s theme.

4th and 5th DLC?! Sweet! I can't wait! smile.gif

Sounds interesting, but after BS ruined the end for me, I might skip these entirely. I need more info on they types of quests before I decide. shrug.gif

I'm quite glad they changed the ending since it was in response to fans requests...to me it shows they really do care what we think.

Now I feel vindicated about telling all the PS3 owners to stop whining about their lack of DLC and to just have a little patience for the past several months. Hopefully all those "I'm going to boycott Bethesda forever!" people get back on board with a great developer. Thanks for more DLC, guys!

Let's not take this opportunity to attack the PS3 fanbase.

its going to get intresting specially with aliens....looking forward to be amazed....

Holy crap!! Two NEW DLC's??? IS this true? Wow... just WOW!!!

Aieeeeeeeee!!!!!!

/dance
/flip
/land

Brilliant! I knew they weren't gonna abandon the Ps3 Fanbase. Thank you soooo much.

You guys at Bethesda are freaking gods. I cant wait to play the 2 new DLC biggrin.gif!!

Alien abductions? Now that's the cheesy 50's Sci-Fi I expect from Fallout.

It looks like we'll never get to resolve the Outcast situation. :/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom