Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Mass Effect 2 Preview At RPGFan

Tags: BioWare; Mass Effect 2

The website RPGFan has <a href="http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2009/268.html">a preview</a> of Mass Effect 2 up. Nothing much new here, just a little clarification on certain issues.<blockquote>The biggest bombshell that BioWare dropped about the story was the fact that Shepard may not survive the second Mass Effect game - and not just for a "Game Over" screen. There will be legitimate endings to Mass Effect 2 that end in the death of Commander Shepard.
<br>
[...]
<br>
To keep this as part of a usable strategy, players can now use the command menu to issue commands to both allies and Shepard simultaneously. On top of that, Shepard and allies can cripple their enemies by dealing damage to individual body parts, preventing them from wielding weapons, moving quickly, or using their brains as they become bloodied messes on the floor.
<br>
[...]
<br>
There will be a new exploration system for new planets, so players won't have to spend eternity inside the Mako with this iteration of the series. BioWare will have downloadable content available for Mass Effect 2 and the game will be playable after the credits roll.</blockquote>Playable after the credits huh? Interesting.
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gamebanshee.com/">Gamebanshee</A>

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
BioWare will have downloadable content available for Mass Effect 2
Woopty-fuckin-doo. They said that for ME1 too and all they gave was one shitty little mission.
There will be legitimate endings to Mass Effect 2 that end in the death of Commander Shepard.
Why the fuck do they want to spoil this? Why not just keep it a surprise for players?

Fat Dragon said:
Why the fuck do they want to spoil this? Why not just keep it a surprise for players?

Yeah...it's weird. This would be a really shocking twist if they hadn't spoiled it. Actually having Shepard dying based on my actions in game would have been a pretty terrific surprise and have hammered home consequences and replayability.

It reminds me of Quake 4. The whole "you become a Strogg" could have been such a great twist...except they spoiled it in every preview, the manual, the box, and the even the tagline. Such a waste.

Secretninja

Cipher
Getting shot in the head makes it much much more difficult to think clearly, I am glad a game developer is finally implementing this.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Why the fuck do they want to spoil this? Why not just keep it a surprise for players?"

Because of morons like the Codex who cry that hype only focues on combat and sex. This way they are showing, quite clearly, that there are choices and consequences. Isn't that what you fuckin' want?

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Edward_R_Murrow said:
Yeah...it's weird. This would be a really shocking twist if they hadn't spoiled it. Actually having Shepard dying based on my actions in game would have been a pretty terrific surprise and have hammered home consequences and replayability.
Meh. It's probably some sort of a lame heroic sacrifice ending.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Besdies, BIO did it with JE. R00fles!

But, it wasn't a 'heroic' ending, but a 'haha you are a retard' ending!

R00fles!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
volly.gif

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's so the bioware fanboys don't sit down to play ME2, lose Shepard, and then complain that their lives are ruined because they fucked up their savefile on the bioware forums.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Volourn said:
"Why the fuck do they want to spoil this? Why not just keep it a surprise for players?"

BVecuas eof morons like the Codex who cry that hype only focues on combat and sex. This way they are showing, quite clearly, that there are choices and consequences. Isn't that what you fuckin' want?
So you are saying there is no other case of c&c worth mentioning in the game? Interesting. We'll turn you yet.

circ

Arcane
On top of that, Shepard and allies can cripple their enemies by dealing damage to individual body parts, preventing them from wielding weapons, moving quickly, or using their brains as they become bloodied messes on the floor.

V.A.T.S. meet Mass Effect, Mass Effect meet V.A.T.S.

There will be a new exploration system for new planets, so players won't have to spend eternity inside the Mako with this iteration of the series.

So 90% of the game is no longer the worst filler any developer has ever conceived? What were you thinking the first time around BW? Hype and Hot Lesbian Action will sell it?

Andhaira

Arcane
So who will you play in ME3? (unless its no longer a trilogy now?)

Multi-headed Cow

Commander Carter, who by some twist of fate, WON'T die.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
AndhairaX said:

One of those lesbian alien chicks. You'll have to fuck other alien races in order to get information out of them.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ahzaruuk said:
JarlFrank said:
AndhairaX said:

One of those lesbian alien chicks. You'll have to fuck other alien races in order to get information out of them.
Any ones resembling reptilian or feline humanoids?

GTFO and play Dragon Rape, goddamn furry.

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
Is a furry someone who digs animal like people or people who look like animals. Or is it just Anime tarts with moronic ears?

Shannow

Waster of Time
Barrow_Bug said:
Is a furry someone who digs animal like people or people who look like animals. Or is it just Anime tarts with moronic ears?
On the codex anybody who likes to play anthopomorphizised animals is a furry.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"So you are saying there is no other case of c&c worth mentioning in the game? Interesting. We'll turn you yet."

Not quite. Just that, there can't be any bigger consequence then your character dying permenately because of a choice you made.

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
JarlFrank said:
Ahzaruuk said:
JarlFrank said:
AndhairaX said:

Any ones resembling reptilian or feline humanoids?

GTFO and play Dragon Rape, goddamn furry.
It's not released yet :/

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
Call me sceptical, but I'll be surprised if this outcome is based on any choice made more than 5 minutes before the end. I'm seeing a FO3esque.

"Please, we need you to go into the :warpcore: and save us all Shepherd!."

y/n

Sorry, this is Mass Effect we're on about. I meant:

:cry: / :evil:

Your party members have classes too, you could play as one. I'd be happy with Wrex or Tali. Playing as a human when there are lots of other races is boring (though it was an important element on the first game).

I think they'll kill Shepard but you'll have the option to go on a sidequest to revive him. That way they avoid forum retards complaining about "ruined" saves.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom