Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Digital News calls HotU a top RPG expansion pack

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark

<http://www.dignews.com>Digital News</a> posted the <a href=http://www.dignews.com/review.php?story_id=1962>last review</a> of NWN series giving <b>HotU 9.2</b> for <i>5 tilesets, the world of Drow, and prestige classes</i>
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>The story has also changed formula and feels more original than the Shadows campaign; the plot revolves around the current queen of the Drow, the Valsharess. Her prophets have told her lil’ old you is gonna be not just a thorn in her side but the one her will defeat her. Not what the fetching Val’ wanted to hear, so she slays her prophets and vows to stop you. Of course, you’ve never met her but that’s all about to change.
<br>
<br>
The world of the Underdark is well-developed within the game and sets a good example for amateur game designers on how to use it to great effect. The story unfolds well as you progress through the game and is possibly the best plot to appear in any Neverwinter Nights game yet, (although I haven’t played through much of Witch’s Wake, the episodic adventure BioWare is releasing for free via the download/update utility, just yet).</blockquote>
<br>
Almost a perfect score for some tilesets, a not-so-new world, and more classes? Does anybody rate games for gameplay these days?
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gengamers.com">GenGamers</A>

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
The game offers more than that. Don't be silly. But 90%? Yeah, a TAD too high. :D

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I didn't say anything about the game, I simply pointed out that that's why Digital News gave it 9.2.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Never said you did; I was just commenting on that line. :wink:

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Then NWVault should get a 9.9 for expansion of the year, since it's got shitload more tilesets, a few prestige classes(though not sure how this works), and so forth.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom