Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Scars of War interview on Gamebanshee

Monolith

Prophet
Tags: Iron Tower; Scars of War

<a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1955">None other than our brother from another mother</a> interviewed <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=7275">one of the locals</a> about the abyss that is indie game development, carrots and his upcoming vaporware RPG <a href="http://scarsofwargame.com/">Scars of War</a>.
<br>
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><b>GB: What can we expect in variation and availability of weapons, armors and useful items, magical or non-magical? </b>
<br>
<br>
Gareth: In a major break from tradition, Scars features a revolutionary "one weapon/one armor set system", where all you ever need is one weapon and one breastplate to complete the game. We give you those items at character creation and you never find any alternatives, ever.
<br>
<br>
<b>GB: What inspired you to start working on an indie RPG in the first place? </b>
<br>
<br>
Gareth: Well, I think the answer is "insanity". It runs in my family, I'm told. Great Uncle Mortimer, that incident with the teacup and the cocker spaniel... best we not dwell on it.</blockquote>
<br>
Now that we've covered the least interesting...
<br>
<br>
<br>
...<a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/interviews/scarsofwar1.php">here's the link to the interview</a>.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Cool inverview, as usual. But it's sad to know that the release date has been pushed to the end of the nex year. :(

I'm seeing a pattern here, with promising indie RPG games. First Grimoire, then Age of Decadence, and now Scar of Wars. Hell, even the demoes are delayed :?

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Has Gareth started working on the actual game content like quests and stuff yet? It'd be great if he plans on eventually doing something like the AoD Let's Play threads. I want to actually see a little of what the game has to offer already rather than just always being told about it. Showing is better than telling afterall. :)

Apoc_Tao

Novice
Well, this guy seems to be pretty incompetent. I remember reading his posts on the ITS forums and laughing out loud. It's quite obvious he doesn't know anything about programming or game development. His comments on the quality of Torque left that quite clear.

You must never take a guy that announces his project like he did seriously. Specially on the matter of finishing the game. It's quite obvious he has nothing but a few re-textured GG models on a shitty second grade engine, and yet he's talking about release dates? Funny.

cardtrick

Arbiter
Apoc_Tao said:
Well, this guy seems to be pretty incompetent. I remember reading his posts on the ITS forums and laughing out loud. It's quite obvious he doesn't know anything about programming or game development. His comments on the quality of Torque left that quite clear.

You must never take a guy that announces his project like he did seriously. Specially on the matter of finishing the game. It's quite obvious he has nothing but a few re-textured GG models on a shitty second grade engine, and yet he's talking about release dates? Funny.

Ugh. And here I thought we'd seen the back of Bryce . . .

Oh -- and nice interview!

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Apoc_Tao said:

*Fly on the wall*

Naked Ninja

Arbiter
But it's sad to know that the release date has been pushed to the end of the nex year.

Indeed sad, but better to be honest about any delays eh? Life's like that at times, sometimes you get thrown a few curveballs.

Has Gareth started working on the actual game content like quests and stuff yet? It'd be great if he plans on eventually doing something like the AoD Let's Play threads. I want to actually see a little of what the game has to offer already rather than just always being told about it. Showing is better than telling afterall.

Yes, and LP threads are coming. We're actually in-process on getting it to the point where I can give a bit of a demo for folks, I'm aware that people want to see it rather than just hear about it, but like I said there have been some delays. :( I'll do so as soon as I can, all I ask for is a little more patience.

One day, I hope to be as successful as Vince/AoD and have a whole host of people who hate me and/or think me incompetent. One day. Ah well, one is a start, keep climbing that ladder to success Gareth...

Thanks everyone!

Shannow

Waster of Time
I can't stand you and don't give a fuck about SoW. Does that make two? Just keep fighting the good fight and you'll sure to get there.

Naked Ninja

Arbiter
I can't stand you and don't give a fuck about SoW. Does that make two? Just keep fighting the good fight and you'll sure to get there.

*Sentimental tear*

Thanks Shannow, appreciate it mate.

skyway

Educated
Monolith said:
<blockquote><b>GB: What can we expect in variation and availability of weapons, armors and useful items, magical or non-magical? </b>

Gareth: In a major break from tradition, Scars features a revolutionary "one weapon/one armor set system", where all you ever need is one weapon and one breastplate to complete the game. We give you those items at character creation and you never find any alternatives, ever.

You are ditching loot? Why? Too much work?
It is kinda one of the major driving points of rpgs.

skyway

Educated
No. I am not. I liked picking up Combat Shotgun, Bozar, etc.
Please, someone, tell me he isnt one of those true arpeegee(tm) dudes?

Naked Ninja

Arbiter
:facepalm:

It's like there was a secret Nazi eugenics program to create the ultimate idiot, and Skyway was the result.

Micmu

Magister
He's trying to "revolute" for the sake of "revoluting". Let's get rid of *gasp* OLD CONVENTIONS like being able to use different kinds of equipment for different results/play style just to show those fuckers who think that arpeegees are about phat lewt only!!1

Edit: "I joke, of course. "

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

skyway

Educated
Oh well, I am actually really sad right now , so I wont spit insults.
Since no insult cant touch a Naked Ninja over the internet, I am pretty powerless.
Leaves nothing but to wish that your game fails, faggot =(

Naked Ninja

Arbiter
I'm still trying to figure out if this is a very poor attempt at a prank? Did you really not read the very next sentence after the part you quoted there Skyway? Are you truly that moronic?

In a major break from tradition, Scars features a revolutionary "one weapon/one armor set system", where all you ever need is one weapon and one breastplate to complete the game. We give you those items at character creation and you never find any alternatives, ever.

I joke, of course. Scars, like most RPGs, will have a variety of interesting loot to acquire, both mundane and magical, as well as a crafting system for people who enjoy that type of thing.

And now you appear to have lazy dumbfucks like micmu convinced of the validity of your idiocy, simply because he is too lazy to, you know, read and shit. Reading is teh hard on teh interwebs.

*edit* Ok, micmu managed to actually read the interview. So he gets upgraded from dumbass to simply a bit "slow".

I cannot believe I actually had to respond to this bullshit to keep people from believing it. :roll:

Andhaira

Arcane
Looks better and better Naked Ninja. I can't wat to play this game.

@Cardtrick: Hey cardtrick, long time no see. What are you upto these days? You should post here more.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Knowing NN mentality I doubt anything good will come out of this game, he likes modern dumbed down shooters just too much.

But I think you're more interested in why I chose to go "indie", yes? The answer is simple: I don't want to spend ten years making sports titles for EA in the hope that I might one day get a shot at making the type of game I really want to create
Haha, man, those guys at EA are just sleeping and dreaming of having you among them.
VD is better at bashing mainstream.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I don't want to spend ten years making sports titles for EA

:hahano:
Thanks skyway for posting this. Naked Ninja is too annoying and boring to read an interview with him, but this was hilarious.

Micmu

Magister
Naked Ninja said:
And now you appear to have lazy dumbfucks like micmu convinced of the validity of your idiocy, simply because he is too lazy to, you know, read and shit. Reading is teh hard on teh interwebs.

*edit* Ok, micmu managed to actually read the interview. So he gets upgraded from dumbass to simply a bit "slow".

I cannot believe I actually had to respond to this bullshit to keep people from believing it. :roll:
Yeah, not that I want to justify my hasty response to OP's witty off-context quotation without checking the full interview first, but you do have a track record of being incredibly smug and serious, so hey, sorry, I didn't expect a joke from you.

Naked Ninja

Arbiter
Yeah, not that I want to justify my hasty response to OP's witty off-context quotation without checking the full interview first, but you do have a track record of being smug and serious, so hey, sorry, I didn't expect a joke from you.

Apology accepted. We'll just chalk this one up to a valuable lesson in the dangers of following Skyway's lead in anything, ever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom