Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News KotOR patched to 1.02

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: BioWare; Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

<a href=http://www.bioware.com>BioWare</a>'s <a href=http://www.swkotor.com>Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic</a> hit version 1.02 today as the developer released a second patch for the game. Here's a look at the fixes.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>This update for the game has been modified to correct the following:
<br>
<br>
* Added the ability to map the Arrow keys for main game movement.
<br>
* Added a Walk option button; by default it is the B key. While holding down the Walk button, your character will walk.
<br>
* Added support for 1280x1024 resolution.
<br>
* Added the ability to see all available party members character, ability, and equip screens while on the Ebon Hawk or in the apartment.
<br>
* Added the ability to hide the game GUI when taking screenshots. Use the following settings in your swkotor.ini in the "Game Options" section:
<br>
[Game Options]
<br>
EnableScreenShot=1
<br>
GUIsInScreenShot=0
<br>
<br>
* The container GUI screen will no longer close everytime you click Give Item.
<br>
* Holding Shift when clicking Give Item or double-clicking the item to give will transfer the entire stack, without shift it moves the items one at a time.
<br>
* Added in some extra error checking and logging for loading and saving save games. If there is any problem, a file called "fileerror.log" is created.
<br>
* Made a fix to the Force Point Regeneration item property so it actually regenerates Force points.
<br>
* Fixed an issue where in some rare cases, the player would be killed while on the Leviathan.
<br>
* Fixed an issue with Dantooine Pazaak occasionally breaking Suvam Tan on Yavin.
<br>
* The Sand Person disguise will no longer be reset when entering Anchorhead and the Dockingbay.
<br>
* Dead party members will no longer show up later in the game. What with them being dead and all.
<br>
* Fixed the Hidden Bek Door (Security Station) to no longer display the 'Impossible' message.
<br>
* Fixed a visual issue with Power Blast and using Dual Blasters where the off-hand blaster wasn't firing.
<br>
* Fixed a problem which would cause dialogue to skip through without playing any VO.
<br>
* Fixed a problem where you would get stuck at a black screen after a game load or an area transition.
<br>
* Fixed a problem where the screensaver could activate during the playback of a movie.
<br>
* Put in a symptomatic fix for your character's attributes being reset to all 8's.
<br>
* Put in a symptomatic fix for party members getting stuck and not fighting.
<br>
* Put in a symptomatic fix for losing force points when going through area transitions with Force Valor active.
<br>
* Removed the +2 bonus to the offhand attack when wielding a balanced weapon in the offhand or when wielding a double bladed weapon.
<br>
* Removed the ability to bind controls to the "Alt" key. The "Alt" key was never inteded to be a usable key in the first place.
<br>
* Fixed a rare crash bug when leaving the Ebon Hawk or the Apartments with party members.
<br>
* Made some stability improvements.
<br>
* Added two new "swkotor.ini" sound options:
<br>
<br>
[Sound Options]
<br>
Environment Effects Nonstreaming=1
<br>
Environment Effects Streaming=1
<br>
<br>
NOTE: The Environment Effects Streaming=0 option was added to fix a problem with sound pauses while playing the game with an Intel i845 or i850 chipset
<br>
motherboard and a 100 MHz Front Side Bus.
<br>
* Removed the awareness penalty when running
<br>
* Made a fix to the "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects" option in "swkotor.ini":
<br>
<br>
[Graphics Options]
<br>
Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1
<br>
* Made a fix to the Enable Hardware Mouse option when it is disabled. This fixes a crash with certain ATI Radeon 9600 video cards.
<br>
* Made a fix to a display issue with Small Fonts.
<br>
* Made a fix to a gamma issue after movies finish playing.
<br>
* Removed the display of Force Points on portrait tool-tips for non-Jedi characters.
<br>
* Fixed bug where some objects in the game would give a sticky mouse indicator like they had an inventory when they did not.
<br>
* Fixed an issue where if you changed appearance while Force Speed was active your movement rate would return to normal.
<br>
* Fixed an issue with droid animation when the item they were using ran out or their target died.
<br>
* The turret mini-game should no longer have the blur visual effect if you enter it with that visual effect turned on.
<br>
* The Security option no longer displays for doors which a key is required.
<br>
* Fixed a rare bug where the game could get stuck if an auto-pause was triggered at the exact same time as an area transition.
<br>
* Fixed a rare crash that could happen when a Dark Jedi dies at the exact same time as he deflected a blaster bolt.
<br>
* Fixed a rare crash on startup under Windows 98.
<br>
* Fixed a few memory leaks.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
<i>* Fixed Force Wave making all other force powers, weapons and possible action obsolete and unnecessary.</i>
<br>
<br>
No? Maybe next time, then.
<br>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://ve3d.ign.com">Voodoo Extreme</a>

dagamer667

Liturgist
I'm a KOTOR fan, but I'll throw in a few:
*Maxed Force Speed now gives jedi ten attacks per round instead of twenty.
*fixed Jedi classes making non-jedi characters utterly useless
*made light side buffs last longer than the time it takes to cast them.

Overall, It's does have a few really nice fixes.

WolfCatBot

Novice
Rrrwoof, I think there was something about Heart of the Guardian and Mantle of the Forcey not working properly with the Keen crystal, or suches. :) Woof. :)

Is that fixeds? :D I not see it anywhere, humm. :)

WolfCatBot

Novice
Aaiiow? ?:)

I like how Gromnir sir says things, but I no think I saysay things like he does, umm? :)

Vewy diffewent I thinketh. ^_^

Umm... so I guess no keen Heartsy Saber? Or Mantley. Wows. :D

Astromarine

Erudite
you don't copy his "rules", but you copy his (wrong) notion that being cute in a fucking message post is more important than making yourself perfectly understood in a discussion.

Hence earning the "fucking wanker" epithet.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Astro, what is your problem? Leave the cat lover alone! He's harmless. Stop whining, and pick on something your own size - a rat.

Snuffles

Novice
I agree with astromarine, if you have something worth reading you don't need a stupid gimmick, not only that, but every person who tries to read it has to waste time translating it into english. Which is why I skip posts involving gimmicks, quite clearly they aren't worth the effort.

Astromarine

Erudite
my problem is the sun has been in my eyes the whole fucking day, making me grumpy. Nevertheless, I simply don't get the need for "alternate" styles of posting. We talk about RPGs, we don't play them on the boards. What is the reason for it? I find it retarded, and so I speak out against it. Nothing against the person behind the stupid act, mind, just the stupid act itself. You have a problem with the codex gang and speak against them, the codexers speak against idiot developers, etc. Follow a theme? He has every right to ignore what I say and keep obscuring his own posts with gibberish, though. Free country, and all that.

As for you, I don't think we've ever been directly involved with each other in a thread here or elsewhere, so this insult thing must have been either out of sheer boredom, so go bother someone else. Shoo.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Yeah, I have to agree. I tend to skip over the gimmicky posts as well.

That said, I tend to agree with WolfCatBot about fixing the items in the game. That shouldn't have been that hard a fix for BioWare to do. Depending on LucasArts' dedication, since they weren't in this patch, they might never be fixed. Then again, I no longer play the game, so oh well!

I always did wonder if the keen crystal did anything, because I never could see any results by using it.

suibhne

Erudite
Saint_Proverbius said:
I always did wonder if the keen crystal did anything, because I never could see any results by using it.

It's essentially impossible to tell, since there's no way to access the rolls. Even BG did better than that, and ToEE was superb in its publishing of rolls. Another casualty of the bastardiz^W consolization process, alas.

Spazmo

Erudite
Actually, I didn't like how ToEE showed dice rolls. You had to click on the link to bring up a window to see exactly how you rolled and the modifiers. Now, I liked very much how it lists all the modifiers and the target number, but I wish you could just see something like "14 + 8 = 22; [charname] hits" where "hits" is a link to the roll info window ToEE has now.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
I agree with Spazmo! :shock: (his last post only, and only if he doesn't change it! :? )

dagamer667

Liturgist
suibhne said:
Saint_Proverbius said:

It's essentially impossible to tell, since there's no way to access the rolls. Even BG did better than that, and ToEE was superb in its publishing of rolls. Another casualty of the bastardiz^W consolization process, alas.
Bullshit. You can view the way rolls and bonuses add up if you open the journal (hit "j") and click the button at the bottom that says "show feedback." Unfortunately, it's a bit hard to read due to small fonts and the output format.
The keen crystal works just fine AFAIK. The game just doesn't announce critical hits like most games do. You can only tell if you have in-game feedback on and you see a damage number that's twice as high as the usual. Also, feats like critical strike/shot show a huge difference with Keen.

Nightjed

Liturgist
Spazmo said:
Actually, I didn't like how ToEE showed dice rolls. You had to click on the link to bring up a window to see exactly how you rolled and the modifiers. Now, I liked very much how it lists all the modifiers and the target number, but I wish you could just see something like "14 + 8 = 22; [charname] hits" where "hits" is a link to the roll info window ToEE has now.

i didnt like that it allowed you to see how many modifiers WERENT BEING ADDED BECAUSE OF BUGS driving the player crazy (like the still useless weapon focus : ray) and it could have had an "show extended info in the status window" so that you could see the modified roll vs what you need or the damage-resistance without clicking roll
but i did love the hotlinks that allowed to display so much info when the THING /me points up didnt happen

dagamer667 said:
Bullshit. You can view the way rolls and bonuses add up if you open the journal (hit "j") and click the button at the bottom that says "show feedback." Unfortunately, it's a bit hard to read due to small fonts and the output format.
The keen crystal works just fine AFAIK. The game just doesn't announce critical hits like most games do. You can only tell if you have in-game feedback on and you see a damage number that's twice as high as the usual. Also, feats like critical strike/shot show a huge difference with Keen.

i must be blind because the only feedback i remember with that option was the damage/miss messages, nothing else, so you could keep hitting a physical inmune monster forever without knowing wth is going on (not that kotor has any of this kind of added gameplay)

Volourn

Pretty Princess
You MUST be blind.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom