Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info LambdaRogue - Now with Less Crashing and More Boots

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: LambdaRogue

Mario stopped by to let us know about <b><a href="http://lambdarogue.net" target="blank">LambdaRogue 1.5</a></b>.
<br>
<blockquote>* graphical mode now in 800x600, 1024x768 and optimized for netbooks
<br>
* resolution changes, window/fullscreen and tileset selection do not require a restart anymore
<br>
* improved interface with configurable quickbar and new minimap
<br>
* lots of bug fixes, including the bug that caused LambdaRogue 1.4 to crash after ~ 3 hours. LambdaRogue 1.5 does not consume all your memory anymore wink
<br>
* lots of new quests, incl. the "Heart of Aphrodite" questline, esp. for Aphrodite-characters
<br>
* a new, separate, dungeon
<br>
* many new items, incl. (finally) shields and boots
<br>
* dozens of balancing tweaks; among them is the reduction of dungeon level size to speed up gameplay
<br>
* ... and lots more. The complete changelog is included in the archives.
<br>
</blockquote>

mariodonick

Novice
If you want, feel free to give me feedback. I need player's experiences to improve the game's quality. :)

drunkpriest

Scholar
Diving into the game, first snare, 20 meg to play? Without sound? Why shouldnt I downlod ADOM, and about 20 other ascii games? I will still go on, but shit dog, didnt you think og that ? 20

mariodonick

Novice
I don't really get what's the problem with 20 MB. -- Too much, too less, wtf?

"optimized for netbooks" refers to an optional 1024x600 mode. Besides, I regularly play Sins of a Solar Empire, Morrowind, GTA and some other older 3D titles on _my_ netbook -- a ROGUELIKE with almost no graphics at all is surely not a problem ;)

SerratedBiz

Arcane
GarfunkeL said:
optimized for netbooks

Don't be a retard, SerratedBiz. He might be playing it on a netbook or a cell phone or whatever and those don't have HD-space in same amounts that desk/laptops have.

What? Did we jump back 20 years all of a sudden that now we're having trouble fitting 20megs into our floppy disks?

Even stoneage netbooks and cellphones carry like 1 gig hard drives, and if you're whining about ANYTHING that's 20megs maybe you should stop buying computers for pussies. Or trying to run games in them, for that matter.

Higher Game

Arcane
This version is vastly different from what I remember. It's looking good. :shock:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom