Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Sacred PROFESHUNAL Q&A at Gamer's Hell

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Ascaron Entertainment; Sacred

<A href="http://www.gamershell.com/">Gamer's Hell</a> really lets their PROFESHUNALISM shine through in their <a href="http://www.gamershell.com/reviews_SacredInterview.shtml">interview</A> with <A href="Http://www.ascaron.com">Ascaron</a>'s <b>Alan Wild</b>, who talks about <A href="http://www.sacred-game.com">Sacred</a>. Here's a clip of what the big boys get paid to ask:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><b>Where does the background story come from? Where do all the names in the game come from?</b>
<br>
<br>
The background is all derived from our Sacred team. All the Ascaron people who work on Sacred are real RPG fans. We’ve drawn on all our own experiences of this genre to create names, quests, characters, scenery, weapons, items, and basically, a whole new believable fantasy world.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Okay, there's the proof. There <i>is</i> such a thing as a <i>dumb question</i>. For more proof of this, be sure to read the full thing.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.ascaron-forum.com/">Ascaron Forums</A>

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Wow, this is indeed one of the dumbest questions I've ever heard followed closely by " What time period does the game take place in?". I mean what kinda answer do you expect to hear? :roll:

Vault Dweller

Developer
Yep, it's clear now why they had to steal the interviews. I think we should donate some questions to them for future interviews. Here is my contribution:

1. Do you need a computer to play this game?
2. Does your game support graphics?
3. Can I build an army of different characters and play it like an RTS game? Why not? Your game sucks.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Cannot say I find ANY of fantasy games believable...and Sacred would not be the one to brake the ice - those girls with winglike frozen tantacles on the back doesnt help either.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
For crying out loud!? What's wrong with interviewers and their questions these days? "Sacred is a fantasy game set in the medieval times..." - "Hi, can you explain what time period the game is covering?" "Uh... in the medieval." "Oh... right. Well... uh... let me check some papers here. See, I don't know anything about this game and..." "Take your time." "Thanks, uh... okay, medieval... fantasy... oh! Okay, next question! Trust me, this'll be a good one: What kind of equipment can we expect to use?" "Equipment?" "Yeah, can you use guns and grenades and..." "No!"

Tell you what: there's enough comedy in this interview to write a whole goddamn book, or at least a chapter, on it.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Locue said:
For crying out loud!? What's wrong with interviewers and their questions these days? "Sacred is a fantasy game set in the medieval times..." - "Hi, can you explain what time period the game is covering?" "Uh... in the medieval." "Oh... right. Well... uh... let me check some papers here. See, I don't know anything about this game and..." "Take your time." "Thanks, uh... okay, medieval... fantasy... oh! Okay, next question! Trust me, this'll be a good one: What kind of equipment can we expect to use?" "Equipment?" "Yeah, can you use guns and grenades and..." "No!"
That's exactly the mental image I got when I was reading the interview. :lol:

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
You people are wrong. Gamer's Hell stuff are not well idiots. They just think that we are idiots or mayby 12 year old kids !!!! (the readers of their site in general ).

This is just a technique they use to make sure that everybody understands their interview (from an idiotic 9 year old kid up to gaming genius like ppl in these forums)
I mean we are all consumers !!!!!

And they manage to pass their message that this game
R0xORS !!!!!! and that we should buy it yea LEWT !!!

But i am really dissapointed at them . They did not ask those all important CENSORED questions .

I mean how big are they and are they going up and down up and down like in vampire characters !!!!!!!

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Locue said:
Tell you what: there's enough comedy in this interview to write a whole goddamn book, or at least a chapter, on it.

Well, most interviews are done by the person writing up a bunch of questions and firing them off to the developer, not the info exchange style you have in mind. That said, Where does the background story come from? is one of the most idiotic questions I think I've ever seen. Not What is the background story? or Who wrote the background story? or any number of GOOD questions you can ask about it - but where does it come from?

Asking how high the detail level in the graphics is, though.. Damn, that's comedy gold.

Rayt

Liturgist
Eh, why is it such a dumb question? Maybe the game and the character names were based on or inspired by some kind of medieval myth, story or whatever.

Anonymous

That might work, but it's kinda specific for that, it's best to ask a general question about a background (if at all) and get the reply and maybe a bit more.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Looks like it. Either the game is really good or Saint is getting old and soft.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Re: Curious

kerec said:
So is the great Saint approving of this game?

It's the first non-Diablo action CRPG I've liked since Nox.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom