Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview DoubleBear's ZRPG - Know your Meth Dealer

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Brian Mitsoda; DoubleBear Productions

Brian Mitsoda let the gang at <a href="http://www.criticalgamer.co.uk/2009/12/10/zombie-rpg-doublebear-interview/" target="blank">Critical Gamer</a> quiz him on the upcoming <b><a href="http://www.doublebearproductions.com/" target="blank">DoubleBear Zombie RPG</a></b>.
<br>
<blockquote>CG: With Zombies being essentially mindless, you’ve mentioned that more focus will be placed on the humans and the psychological effects of a Zombie Apocalypse. What kinds of people can we expect to meet on our travels through ZRPG?
<br>
<br>
BM: There’s Mystika, the surly thief with a secret crush on the player, Xynax, the stuck-up wizard-in-training who thinks he’s better than us, and M. Byson, the psychic nazi running a secret organization that plans to take over the world by entering a secret fighting tournament. Oh, wait… no, they’re definitely not in the game.
<br>
<br>
You know your neighbour? The one that’s got the piece of shit car in their yard, keeps weird hours, buys industrial size cans of Beefaroni, and may or may not be dealing meth? Okay, so someone vaguely resembling that could be in the game, except that he’s got the upper hand in this scenario and all the other neighbours that have wanted him to move out for the longest time are already dead. That gives you an idea of the kind of people that populate the game, kind of. There’s quite a few humans in the game and nearly all of them could be allies or enemies depending on how you handle the situation.</blockquote>
<br>
What's more interesting is learning that Brian did the voice for Romero in Bloodlines. Somebody should tell me these things.
<br>
<br>
<i>Thanks to Michael for the tip</i>

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Brian Mitsoda looks like a mobster. Bet he has a tommy gun resting on his lap.

Game sounds like it has a lot of promise, can't wait till we start seeing the first screens.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
There’s Mystika, the surly thief with a secret crush on the player, Xynax, the stuck-up wizard-in-training who thinks he’s better than us

Heh heh heh.

Andhaira

Arcane
Guys, much of their work has already been done for them as they are using Age of Decadance's engine to make the game. I do not think they are going to use a publisher but will instead offer the game directly.Funding willl be done through their own means.

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
Hey guys,

I have an irrational dislike for something to such as extent that it makes me angry beyond what could be considered reasonable for a rational, well rounded human being. This dislike may or may not be rooted in some sort of logical, evidence based reasoning on my behalf, but I'm not going to make you aware of it, either way.

At night I hear crying noises coming from somewhere below my nose.

Thanks.

Andhaira

Arcane
It pisses me off though that you don't get to control npc's/partymembers in combat. That should be a given especially in a turnbased crpg.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Jason said:
Brian Mitsoda let the gang at <a href="http://www.criticalgamer.co.uk/2009/12/10/zombie-rpg-doublebear-interview/" target="blank">Critical Gamer</a> quiz him on the upcoming <b><a href="http://www.doublebearproductions.com/" target="blank">DoubleBear Zombie RPG</a></b>.
<blockquote>CG: With Zombies being essentially mindless, you’ve mentioned that more focus will be placed on the humans and the psychological effects of a Zombie Apocalypse. What kinds of people can we expect to meet on our travels through ZRPG?

BM: There’s Mystika, the surly thief with a secret crush on the player, Xynax, the stuck-up wizard-in-training who thinks he’s better than us, and M. Byson, the psychic nazi running a secret organization that plans to take over the world by entering a secret fighting tournament. Oh, wait… no, they’re definitely not in the game.

You know your neighbour? The one that’s got the piece of shit car in their yard, keeps weird hours, buys industrial size cans of Beefaroni, and may or may not be dealing meth? Okay, so someone vaguely resembling that could be in the game, except that he’s got the upper hand in this scenario and all the other neighbours that have wanted him to move out for the longest time are already dead. That gives you an idea of the kind of people that populate the game, kind of. There’s quite a few humans in the game and nearly all of them could be allies or enemies depending on how you handle the situation.</blockquote>
What's more interesting is learning that Brian did the voice for Romero in Bloodlines. Somebody should tell me these things.

<i>Thanks to Michael for the tip</i>
Am I the only one to find this interesting?

Jim Cojones

Prophet
So this interview is about what plot elements, characters and animals that won't be present and which engine won't be used in the game? I'd rather read one about the features I may expect in the final product. :P

Krash

Arcane
Jim Cojones said:
So this interview is about what plot elements, characters and animals that won't be present and which engine won't be used in the game? I'd rather read one about the features I may expect in the final product. :P

Considering the intense butthurt and judging-in-advance-that-it's-irredeemable-shit from this forum when an unlikely rumour of something that might not be incredibly perfect as the hivemind demands, mentioning what's not in the game might actually be a good thing. That way people can't make far fetched assumptions of the worst possible outcome. :)

Who am I kidding, they'll do that anyway

I'm actually looking forward to this game and hope it won't end on the refuse pile of cancelled indie projects. It's also nice to know that we'll (hopefully) be dealing with "real people" not some one dimensional, shallow hollywood movie characters.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Krash said:
I'm actually looking forward to this game and hope it won't end on the refuse pile of cancelled indie projects. It's also nice to know that we'll (hopefully) be dealing with "real people".
Horrible creatures.

Zomg

Arbiter
Kz3r0 said:
Am I the only one to find this interesting?

No

Edit - Wait it's an MMO? The interviewer guy says MMO and Mitsoda don't correct

Edit - Then he says single player

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom