Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review IGN thinks Sacred is OK

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Ascaron Entertainment; Sacred

<a href=http://pc.ign.com>IGN</a> posted a <a href=http://pc.ign.com/articles/506/506015p1.html>review</a> of <a href=http://www.sacred-game.com>Sacred</a> giving it <b>7.8</b> and calling it <i>one of the better action RPG with a massive amount of depth</i>, while noting that <i>clumsy combat schemes</i> held the game back.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>In fact, the ability to abandon the main adventure in favor of journeying throughout the wilderness of the world is one of the strongest features of gameplay. Sacred features one of the largest game environments ever seen in a game straight out of the box, supposedly with 70% of the world available for immediate exploration. Hacking and slashing your way through this land will definitely take you some time; I spent three days with one character trying to traverse a section of wilderness and discovered that I'd only fully cleared about three percent of the world! Towns will offer you horses to increase movement speed across open terrain, and teleportation portals can zap you from one area to another, but you'll have a ton of space to traverse before you find these outposts. Simply put, this game is huge. </blockquote>Sounds like Daggerfall.
<br>

<br>
<br>

EEVIAC

Erudite
Sounds like a nightmare for "obssesive mappers" like myself. Then again, I'm looking forward to a game where I get to forget that I exist for three weeks. I'm picking it up today so I guess I'll soon find out.

Malak

Liturgist
I forgot about the main quest today and went out exploring. Lots of side quests, lots of adventure out there. I've never enjoyed exploring more in any other game.

Dark Elf

Erudite
Malak said:
I forgot about the main quest today and went out exploring. Lots of side quests, lots of adventure out there. I've never enjoyed exploring more in any other game.

Why does my brain begin to make associations with Morrowind?

Morrowind was one of those games I never completed. I always lost focus, and went out on far-out quests instead of following the straight and narrow... got fairly annoying after a while.

Maybe I should give it another try though. It wasn't a bad game after all.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Malak said:

I did that, not really by choice, but because the difficulty of areas ramps rather oddly. You really can't just go from plot point to plot point just doing the side quests near those locations you're drawn to by the story. That's just a good way of getting your ass kicked.

Malak

Liturgist
I had some trouble yesterday doing that though. I got this long side quest that involved me killing probably a hundred ghosts. These ghosts have more than 5x the resist as anything else, so hurting them was an issue. Plus a lot of them were orange, so they were smacking wilbur for 100 damage and nearly as much against me. It was HARD. And THEN I found the quest that told me to go back and kill them all again. And THEN I had to kill the people who gave the quest, and THEN kill all the ghosts again. Needless to say, I spent a long time on that quest. Was worth the experience though.

Remember gang. If you find a nice house in the middle of nowhere, DON'T GO INSIDE.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom