Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Oblivion modder working on Fallout: New Vegas

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Fallout: New Vegas; Obsidian Entertainment

I'm not 100% sure whether this is goods news, but Jorge "Oscuro" Salgado, an acclaimed Oblivion modder (<a href="http://www.oscurogamedesign.com/oscurosoblivionoverhaul-high.html">OSCURO'S OBLIVION OVERHAUL</a>), joined Obsidian Entertainment <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Ausir/Acclaimed_Oblivion_modder_working_on_Fallout:_New_Vegas">to work on Fallout: New Vegas.</a>
<br>
<br>
<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-top-color:#ffffff;padding:5px;border-right-color:#bbbbbb;border-left-color:#ffffff;border-bottom-color:#bbbbbb;">I have learned that Jorge "Oscuro" Salgado, the modder that some of you might know for his award-winning Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul mod that completely rebalances The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion gameplay (especially the level scaling system), joined Obsidian Entertainment by the end of last year. His in-depth knowledge of Bethesda's engine and editor will likely be a good asset for overhauling the Fallout 3 gameplay in Fallout: New Vegas as well. </p>
<br>
<br>
So this guy wasn't behind one of those critically acclaimed nude-mods, huh? Hmm, I'm a bit disappointed.
<br>
<br>
thanks, Ausir!
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Ausir">Vault Overseer News Center</A>

dragonfk

Erudite
Good for him and for us. I think.

I've played OOO and it really was and still is the way to play Oblivion.

Gerrard

Arcane
entertainer said:
Oblivion modder making new Fallout game

no comment
As opposed to Oblivion makers making a new Fallout game.

Never mind that this guy has more talent than the whole Bethesda put together.

Ausir

Arcane
Yeah, talented modders often get jobs at gaming companies. And this guy is pretty talented.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
There's been much talk about Sawyer wanting to rebalance the game in various ways, so I guess this is a pretty good decision. Bringing in what expertise they can during a short development cycle is probably a good way of accomplishing their goals.

Never liked Obcuro's mod. Didn't particularly care for a large portion of the difficulty resulting from having to fight packs of normally solitary animals (bears, for example) that had their hit points dramatically upped.

Always preferred a combo of MMM and Francesco's. Introduced plenty of new enemies, loot and game mechanics (like a much better crafting system) without stupid stuff hampering it.

Jora

Arcane
Oscar/Elhoim worked on the overhaul mod as well and he's doing a great job at Iron Tower.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
That's great news! I haven't heard from him in a while, but I'm glad that he got this job. He certainly made Oblivion's combat way more enjoyable, and it would be interesting to see what he can bring to the table for FO:NV

deuxhero

Arcane
So the guy that made Oblivion semi-playable via moding is going to make New Vagas semi-playable without moding?

Well that confirms it will be better than Fallout 3 (that is absolutely nothing to brag about though)

Tails

Arbiter
deuxhero said:
So the guy that made Oblivion semi-playable via moding is going to make New Vagas semi-playable without moding?

Well that confirms it will be better than Fallout 3 (that is absolutely nothing to brag about though)
Depends how many "freedom" he gets from Obsidian and Bethesda. In case of that Oblivion mod, he could do whatever wanted and I doubt he will be able work the same way on FO3:LV.

Ausir

Arcane
From what I've heard, Sawyer is tweaking the gameplay pretty extensively.

Tails

Arbiter
Heh, time shows. I'm trying to keep neutral attitude toward LV, but somehow I don't believe that Obsidian will change much in this horrible combat system, avoid placing the stuff that made FO3 crappy or make proper engine optimization. 1 year of development ain't good thing either.

Morkar Left

It´s a good thing that Oscuro joins their team. He modded Oblivion away from leveled encounters to a less playercentered world.

And I think Oblivion has very talented modders besides the hentai graphic whores. Oblivion is a modders dreamworld:
- it has one of the best moddingtools out there
- there is lots and lots of modding stuff to do
- in fact you have to mod the game to be enjoyable
- the audience is easy to please

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom