Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dragon Age is expanding

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age

In <a href="http://www.gamerzines.com/pc/previews/bioware-interview-part-1.html">this first part</a> of a multi-part interview with BioWare co-founder Ray Muzyka they discuss DLC & expansion packs.
<br>
<br>
<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-top-color:#ffffff;padding:5px;border-right-color:#bbbbbb;border-left-color:#ffffff;border-bottom-color:#bbbbbb;">We see our games as a platform for launching continuous DLC and expansions. We'll continue to expand that for Dragon Age over the next few months with DLC as well as the Awakening expansion pack. For ME2 we have the same thing planned - lots of content for the Cerberus network to reward new game purchasers and also plans for DLC, and expansions after that. We view our games as a platform to build rich tapestries, a lot of them have advanced design planning which allows us to build ancillary expansion content. It's part of the plan that we build these franchises on from the very beginning.</p>
<br>
<br>
It's all part of the plan.
<br>
<br>
<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-top-color:#ffffff;padding:5px;border-right-color:#bbbbbb;border-left-color:#ffffff;border-bottom-color:#bbbbbb;">We aren't planning to at the moment but we do have some standalone games currently in development for the Dragon Age universe. Along with a lot more DLC and expansion content, so it's a mix of both for Dragon Age.</p>
<br>
<br>
There are standalone games in development. Personally, I think Dragon Age needs more streamlining. Start with the stats, stats are stupid ok? Plus they distract from the immersion. Might as well do away with them entirely.
<br>
<br>
<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-top-color:#ffffff;padding:5px;border-right-color:#bbbbbb;border-left-color:#ffffff;border-bottom-color:#bbbbbb;"><b>GZ: There were a lot less spells in Dragon Age when compared with Baldur's Gate, will we see more coming via DLC?</b>
<br>
<br>
RM: I had three mages in my party and I tell you that when you progress all the spells to the maximum, there are a lot of options between them. We're always interested in extending spell customisation options and it's something to look forward to as we expand the universe through DLC.</p>
<br>
<br>
That's right, you need 3 Mages in DA to have an appropriate pool of options. DLC may fix it.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgwatch.com/#14305">RPGWatch</A>

bat_boro

Arcane
banal
shit
boring

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom