Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News CD Projekt RED loses Artur Ganszyniec

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: CD Projekt; Witcher, The

GameBanshee <a href="http://gamebanshee.com/news/97061-principal-designer-artur-ganszyniec-left-cd-projekt-red.html" target="blank">bears word</a> that Artur Ganszyniec, lead story designer on boob inspector sim <b>The Witcher</b>, is no longer a part of CD Projekt RED. From <a href="http://pl.linkedin.com/in/arturganszyniec" target="blank">LinkedIn</a>:
<br>
<blockquote>Principal Designer
<br>
CD Projekt RED
<br>
<br>
(Privately Held; Computer Games industry)
<br>
<br>
January 2008 — February 2010 (2 years 2 months)
<br>
<br>
- story design (form the overall concept to particular quests and scenes)
<br>
- working on the game vision
<br>
- project management
<br>
- managing the design & implementation team
<br>
- designing tools used in by the implementation team
<br>
- writing dialogues</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
<i>Thanks to Andhaira for the tip</i>

Elzair

Cipher
Shame.
EDIT: Removed “edgy” shit.

Last edited:

Ausir

Arcane
Michal Madej, lead designer of The Witcher, also left some time ago. He now works at Ubisoft Shanghai on an unannounced RPG.

dragonfk

Erudite
What's the fuss all about? It's not like he was a cRPG Messiah. We already have one.

mondblut

Arcane
Well, since the story department was an only good aspect of this otherwise lame consoletard twitchfest, we can now be certain TWitcher 2 is going to be an offtopic.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Pretty sure the Witcher 2 is out of the story design phase. They're probably still writing some dialogue, but they're in crunch mode, a big chunk of Artur's job was already done.

Angthoron

Arcane
Considering the guy's position among others is a project manager, safe to presume that their part of the project is done.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I still have never played The Witcher... the b00bie cards thing turned me off.

Maybe I should give it a try some day...

catfood

AGAIN
I haven't played it yet either although I have bought it. The reason is that it seems that 11,5 GB of hard drive space isn't enough for the game and the super duper enhanced edition patch. But I'll definitely give it a go once I buy a new HDD.

Monocause

Arcane
Ausir said:
Michal Madej, lead designer of The Witcher, also left some time ago. He now works at Ubisoft Shanghai on an unannounced RPG.

Did these two got sacked, or did they leave on their own volition? Got any info?

DraQ

Arcane
catfood said:
I haven't played it yet either although I have bought it. The reason is that it seems that 11,5 GB of hard drive space isn't enough for the game and the super duper enhanced edition patch. But I'll definitely give it a go once I buy a new HDD.
Don't use quicksaves. They accumulate rather than overwriting.

Jaesun said:

Boobie cards were silly, but WTF?

Also, you can avoid most, if not all of them by not trying to get laid compulsively.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
This news sucks. Hopefully it doesn't mean they have replaced the positions with nextgen faggots and Witcher is going to be the new shit from now on.

Jaesun said:

I am sure there is some mod available that replaces them with cocks.

But why the rush, young man? You could wait another 5-10 years until it is considered a classic, buy it at GOG or something like that, and thereby demonstrate your elaborate gaming taste.

catfood said:

I just checked, Witcher Enhanced Edition + Adventures = 8.79 GB

Which doesn't bother me, I have two 640 GB drives, so I can afford several backup copies as well :)

And as Draq said: the saves are quite large. I quickly accumulated one or two gigabytes of savegames, which the game hid somewhere in C:\Documents and Settings. However, all you need to do is locate and delete them from time to time..

Phelot

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
Jason said:
- writing dialogues

Didn't play witcher either, but weren't the dialogues on the level of "I piss on your juvenile scorn" and "Your mother sucks dwarf cock"?

Yes.

For me, the story was utterly nonsensical and was the epitome of trying too hard. IMO they set out to make their game "hard"

Though, I liked the atmosphere and overall style of the world and that alone kept me going.

The combat was blah

covr

Prophet
Patron
From CDP forums:
It seems that he left at his own wish - he had some other little projects, and he wants to focus on them. Also, the story is done, and his absence will not affect on current project.

R00fles!

DraQ

Arcane
phelot said:
Clockwork Knight said:
Jason said:
- writing dialogues

Didn't play witcher either, but weren't the dialogues on the level of "I piss on your juvenile scorn" and "Your mother sucks dwarf cock"?

Yes.

For me, the story was utterly nonsensical and was the epitome of trying too hard. IMO they set out to make their game "hard"
Polish thing. You not get.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
GlobalExplorer said:
Jaesun said:

I am sure there is some mod available that replaces them with cocks.

But why the rush, young man? You could wait another 5-10 years until it is considered a classic, buy it at GOG or something like that, and thereby demonstrate your elaborate gaming taste.

:lol:

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Maybe because English isn't my native language, I didn't have a problem with the dialog either. I flinched at hearing 'abso-fucking-lutely' in the dungeon, or 'your mother sucks dwarf cock', but that was about it.

Compare with Russian games and you'll see that the translation is absolutely ok, with a very few odd lines that remain.

Mind that I waited for about a year after release and got the improved extended version from the beginning, so I don't know from what initial state they had improved it.

Having said that, nowadays even east european companies should be able to hire at least 1 native speaking person with some sort of linguistic or journalistic degree.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom