Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News CD Projekt RED loses Artur Ganszyniec

Phelot

Arcane
I got it when it came out and it was bad to say the least. It was like they took random lines and put them into a dialogue string. You'd get things like:

NPC "It's gonna rain"

Geralt "Don't make me mad"

NPC "OK OK Ill tell you what you want to know"

Just weird, random, out of sync text. The improved or super or whatever edition it was made it better, but it still didn't change the goofy story just made it understandable.

Luzur

Good Sir
Jaesun said:
I still have never played The Witcher... the b00bie cards thing turned me off.

Maybe I should give it a try some day...

petition them for a hairy Balls card system.

Jason

chasing a bee
You have nothing to fear
Yes it is true, by the end of February, Artur has left RED.

He did so at his own request, because in addition to The Witcher he has a few writing projects of his own, on which he now decided to focus.

The fact that Artur had gone, does not mean, however, that now there is nobody to deal with the plot - he was part of a team of more than a dozen really great people who, despite this turn of events further work on the story, so it will have the same level of quality. In addition, the plotline has already been outlined - now most of the time is spent on implementing things which Artur and others have already created some time ago, so there's no need to feer that the end of the story will be written by someone else than the beginning.

In short, you have nothing to fear - everything will be good or even very good.

MasPingon

Arcane
I played it with polish voice acting and english subtitles, it was as bad as english version for the most of the time

NPC "It's gonna rain"

That's it

catfood

AGAIN
I just checked, Witcher Enhanced Edition + Adventures = 8.79 GB

Which doesn't bother me, I have two 640 GB drives, so I can afford several backup copies as well :)

And as Draq said: the saves are quite large. I quickly accumulated one or two gigabytes of savegames, which the game hid somewhere in C:\Documents and Settings. However, all you need to do is locate and delete them from time to time..

I believe it saves the old files as backup while the enhanced patch is installing and only after the installation is done it erases them which is why it seemed to occupy an unreasonable amount of HDD space. I REALLY need a new HDD though, 80 gb just doesen't cut it anymore.

catfood

AGAIN
MasPingon said:
I played it with polish voice acting and english subtitles, it was as bad as english version for the most of the time

NPC "It's gonna rain"

That's it

:lol:

Reminds me of some of Gothic 3's dialogues. There's an arena opponent which you have to defeat in Montera and his entry "fee" is his slave. After you defeat your opponent the dialogue between you and the slave is:

You: You're mine now
Slave: Good *in the most laidback tone possible*

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
iraqi_information_minister.jpg

Jason said:
In short, you have nothing to fear - everything will be good or even very good.

dragonfk

Erudite
catfood said:
MasPingon said:

NPC "It's gonna rain"

That's it

:lol:

Reminds me of some of Gothic 3's dialogues. There's an arena opponent which you have to defeat in Montera and his entry "fee" is his slave. After you defeat your opponent the dialogue between you and the slave is:

You: You're mine now
Slave: Good *in the most laidback tone possible*

I know that Gothic 3 is irreversibly flawed but damn it's a great game.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
MasPingon said:

NPC "It's gonna rain"

That's it

Probably because the English subtitle is the same as the English script.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom