Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Restricted Area NPC #2 revealed on RPGDot

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Restricted Area

<a href="http://www.rpgdot.com/">RPGDot</a> has the second NPC feature for <A href="http://www.restrictedarea.net">Restricted Area</a>, this time up, <a href="http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10053&ID=955">The Doc</a>. He's a prissy looking thing, isn't he?
<br>
<br>
Thanks, <b>Garrett</b>!
<br>

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
It's a tactical, TB, cyberpunk game that should be out in May, courtesy of Strategy First.

EEVIAC

Erudite
Both the characters released so far have been a little fruity looking. Come on, Jan, you can tell us - the cyberpunk theme has been done away with in favour of a homo-pirate game, hasn't it? So long as I still get to build by own puffy shirts, I'm happy.

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
I'm definitely interested. It displays little originallity, but seems to thrive on good, solid, addictive gameplay and limitless replayability.

Jan

Novice
Re

>I'm definitely interested. It displays little originallity, but seems to thrive on good, solid, >addictive gameplay and limitless replayability.

Well, on the other hand it may be original that it´s not fantasy, that there are no classes, that there are different endings, real dialoges and an interesting story in an action-RPG... :roll:

>Could be alright, but I'm afraid it'll turn out to be more of en adventure game.
Well, yes. Err... let me think about it... NO?!

>the cyberpunk theme has been done away with in favour of a homo-pirate game, >hasn't it?

What we are basically trying to do is to get away from the neo-gothic latex suit chliche (you´ll see that on next week´s NPC).

It was really our goal to show a world what it could be like in 80 years. Therefore we tried out a new way - we looked back. And we noticed: some changes are big (the current Covette has the 4 exhaust pipes ALL IN THE MIDDLE!), but others (such as clothes) aren´t sooo big. People still wear pants, if you know what I mean. Exception: homo-pirate games.

EEVIAC

Erudite
Re: Re

Jan said:
What we are basically trying to do is to get away from the neo-gothic latex suit chliche (you´ll see that on next week´s NPC).

Bloody good answer. Then again, I don't want a complete absence of goths, grist for the mill and all that.

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
Don't get offended Jan. I don't define anything as original unless its genre-breaking, or infinitely complex and unintuitive. Besides, that was a compliment, wrapped in an insult, wrapped in a compliment, and so on. :P

Jan

Novice
@Major_Blackhart - The Restricted Area website? http://www.ra2083.com should work.

@ArcturusXIV - Hehe - don´t worry. You are right: The most changes we made are details so it´s not the second coming of Tetris for RPGs... But then, why reinvent the wheel when there are so many you can steal? :roll:

@EEVIAC - See you next friday :wink:

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
:idea: I'd rather have something that works than something I can't comprehend anyway. Unless that something is Daggerfall. Or Thief (which actually is beautiful in its simplicity, since theoretically all computer games are based off childhood games like hide and seek or tag). :idea:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom