Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Bioware announces new RPG's

Ibbz

Augur
Tags: BioWare; Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Bioware has announced two new RPG games, one being developed for the XBOX, (guh!) being published by Microsoft, while the other will be on the PC with no confirmed publisher. The details on this new PC RPG game are fairly sketchy, But I did manage to find an interesting quote from BioWare co-CEO Dr. Greg Zeschuk highlighting an interesting aspect about this new RPG:
<br>
<blockquote>
<br>
"Our PC developers are already hard at work on our other new 'secret' PC roleplaying game...Creating our own universe is a great opportunity for us to deliver a game that is uniquely BioWare, and we look forward to creating an immersive BioWare RPG experience in the tradition of games like Baldur's Gate(TM) and Neverwinter Nights(TM)."
<br>
<br>
</blockquote>
<br>
Something fresh and original? Sounds good!
<br>
You can also find the complete press release <a href="http://www.bioware.com/bioware_info/press_releases/BioMSPartnership/">here</a>.

Deathy

Liturgist
Re: Bioware signs publisher new publisher for two unanounced

Ibbz said:
Something fresh and Original? Sounds good!
Not with Bioware at the helm, it doesn't.

Xerophyte

Educated
The dark netherworld of dutch Gouda cheese
Notes

First, they've only signed Microsoft as publisher for the Xbox game, the PC title is specifically mentioned as being publisher-less.

Second, are we really to do the "spotted at some-site-or-other" notes? I've always thought they were highly redundant and believed that the sites in question couldn't care less, but that might just be me.

Third, it is sortof expected of us to link to the actual press release ( http://www.bioware.com/bioware_info/pre ... rtnership/ )and not a fan site that happened to blockquote the entire thing.

Hope I don't sound too nagging and/or rude, but we've standards of conduct to keep to here :p

Ibbz

Augur
I fixed it up to your standard Xerophyte :) Most of the mistakes i made was because i was in a hurry. I would've linked to the actual press release 'cept none of the damn news sites i visited had the link! and i forgot to check Bioware's site. {Which is usually quite slow for me}

Jarinor

Liturgist
Bioware has announced two new RPG games, one being developed for the XBOX, (guh!) being published by Microsoft, while the other will be on the PC with no confirmed publisher.

Oh, dear God, save us all!

Something fresh and original? Sounds good!

Sounds more like no one wants to publish it because they've only done licensed titles¹ (when it comes to RPG's) and nothing fresh and original before.

¹Chances are, I'm horribly, horribly wrong, but hey, it sounds good, as well as fresh and original!

Texas Red

Whiner
Our PC developers are already hard at work on our other new 'secret' PC roleplaying game...Creating our own universe is a great opportunity for us to deliver a game that is uniquely BioWare, and we look forward to creating an immersive BioWare RPG experience in the tradition of games like Baldur's Gate(TM) and Neverwinter Nights(TM).

Im glad Bioware has kept us PC gamers in mind.

pkt-zer0

Scholar
The Walkin' Dude said:
Im glad Bioware has kept us PC gamers in mind.
Why enslave this thread with necromancy, when there's a topic on Dragon Age already?

Deleted member 7219

Fuck you TWD, I thought Bioware had finally announced what their secret projects were. Thanks a lot of resurrecting a thread that has been dead for five fucking years. Asshole.

Balthamael

Liturgist
pkt-zer0 said:
Why enslave this thread with necromancy, when there's a topic on Dragon Age already?

For someone to make the "enslave with necromancy"-joke. I think it is supposed to be funny when the thread is about Dragon Age, or something. I don't know. I have no sense of humour.

Riso

Arcane
on the PC with no confirmed publisher.

We all know you are going to publish it under your parent company EA, bitches. No need to keep our hopes up.

Saxon1974

Prophet
Is it time to get an XBOX 360? Its solidly against my principles but how long do you fight them before you join them?

Someone talk me down please.

Deleted member 7219

Whoever stands with me shall be my brother.

Hold fast.

Do not give in to the console masses.

doctor_kaz

Scholar
From the age of these announcements does it mean that Dragon Age has been in development for over five years? Since the announcement Bioware has developed and released two entire console games. No wonder the game is thought of as vaporware.

Shannow

Waster of Time
doctor_kaz said:
From the age of these announcements does it mean that Dragon Age has been in development for over five years? Since the announcement Bioware has developed and released two entire console games. No wonder the game is thought of as vaporware.
The "DA is vaporware"-thread meantioned 5 years. Most of which was preproduction (whatever that is).

Riso, did the comments about thread-necromancy even get through to you?

Thank you, TWD. This was completely useless and here I was wondering why your usual "one twentieth of what I say is not fucking crap" ratio that I expected of you had gone down the gutter. Till I clicked on this thread you actually had a very good month as far as I am concerned. Ah, good things just do not last unless they are enslaved by necromancy.

obediah

Erudite
Admiral jimbob said:
JarlFrank said:
Or get an emulator.

How many people here can run 360 emulators, do you think?

Good luck with that. I have a 360 and the games chug along and it locks up all the time. If the actual hardware can't even get it right, how are emulators supposed to?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Admiral jimbob said:
all people here can run the zero working 360 emulators in existence.

Saxon1974

Prophet
obediah said:
Admiral jimbob said:
JarlFrank said:
Or get an emulator.

Good luck with that. I have a 360 and the games chug along and it locks up all the time. If the actual hardware can't even get it right, how are emulators supposed to?

It doesn't have to work well, it just has get get lots of advertising, that's where the real money is being spent. AAARRRGGG.

Riso

Arcane
Riso, did the comments about thread-necromancy even get through to you?

I am not the one that revived the thread, and I am not responsible for checking the date when it's at the top of the posting list, bitch.

Anyone who can utter the words "Xbox 360 emulator" with a straight face is a far bigger man than I. No, wait, not man. Tard. Yeah, that's it. Tard. Far bigger tard than I.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom