Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Peter Molyneux Interview

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Lionhead Studios; Peter Molyneux

Peter Molyneux, of the Fable RPG fame, has been <a href="http://games.venturebeat.com/2010/03/16/game-maker-peter-molyneux-is-a-greedy-little-fat-child-with-a-shakespearean-voice-video/">interviewed at the GDC.</a>
<br>
<br>
<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-top-color:#ffffff;padding:5px;border-right-color:#bbbbbb;border-left-color:#ffffff;border-bottom-color:#bbbbbb;">“You can also touch your wife in the game, and I will leave that to your imagination,” Molyneux said.
<br>
<br>
If you’re thinking that Fable III might take advantage of Microsoft’s new gesture control system, Project Natal, that might be a good guess.
<br>
<br>
And Molyneux said that the new game has a better combat system. You’ll feel more powerful as your combat experience grows. The weapon you carry on your back gets longer with the more foes you vanquish. If you behave in an evil manner, your blade will be nasty and drip with blood. If you behave in a noble way, the blade will be shiny and look more heroic. There is more depth in the combat, with more variation in the finishing moves when you’re delivering a killing blow.
<br>
</p>
<br>
<br>
The question is, will your farts become stronger and more deadly as you grow in power?
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/97229-fable-iii-interviews.html">Gamebanshee</A>

lightbane

Arcane
*Headdesk* Now we know Peter doesn't pretend anymore to hide he (and the faggot players) are overcompensating...

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
A father, for instance, can hold the hand of a daughter and walk her back home. Or you can grab the hand of a beggar, forcibly pull him to a factory, and sell him to the factory owner.
Awesome. But can you do both ?

Micmu

Magister
If you behave in an evil manner, your blade will be nasty and drip with blood. If you behave in a noble way, the blade will be shiny and look more heroic
This numbnuts really ran out of ideas.
And then he whines how this POS is not accessible enough and he would like to sell like 10mil copies.

No dipsit, make a good/fresh/creative game and it willl sell by itself.
Oh wait... you can't.

Almost forgot...
fable3doanything.gif

catfood

AGAIN
You know, if there's one flick that The Onion is never going to do it's an interview with Molyneux. You just can't come up with this shit.

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
If the people who handle marketing for the game industry worked in the watch industry, everybody would be wearing shitty far Eastern plastic digital watches and Swiss manufacture would be dead.

MisterStone

Arcane
And Molyneux said that the new game has a better combat system. You’ll feel more powerful as your combat experience grows. The weapon you carry on your back gets longer with the more foes you vanquish.

FAUXLYNEUX YOU MORON JUST... JUST DROP DEAD.

:rage:

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Wait, guys... there are some really thoughtful ideas here. Check out this for example:

Research showed that 60 percent of Fable II players finished less than half the game.

This must be a huge blow to Molyneux. Surely with his genius-like stroke he will manage to turn this around for Fable III.

Molyneux is also revamping the user interface of the game to make it less intimidating. Research showed that 60 percent of Fable II players finished less than half the game. Instead of a traditional inventory for items carried, the player can now visit a guild chamber room where a butler (played by actor John Cleese) waits on the king. You can walk up to a mirror and change your clothes with a single click.

... so, turn inventory into ME2's. Fuckin' awesome.

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
So you can "touch" your wife in this game? Can you also "touch" children? That would be something new. Something that would make your weapon awesomely nastier for sure. And can you "touch" animals or, let's say, dragons. I'm sure it would bring a whole new audience. (wink at DraQ)

I hope they have some new social interactions too. Like golden shower or cum swap.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
The weapon you carry on your back gets longer with the more foes you vanquish. And then longer. And then harder. And you can't hold it anymore. Ahaha I am being humourous, videogame fans. So why don't you take that dick out of your mouth and replace it with mine instead, haha, I am Molyneux, pay for my jizz in your mouth FUUUUUUU

The Feral Kid

Prophet
Peter Molyfag said:
If you behave in an evil manner, your blade will be nasty and drip with blood. If you behave in a noble way, the blade will be shiny and look more heroic

This is the new "expanded" definition of what an rpg is. Apparently, in Molyfag's limited imagination, there in his no room for gray areas.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
you never looked like a normal person in fable 2 because of the "fucking stats messing up your looks in retarded ways" mechanic.

Flatlander

Liturgist
Am I really the only person here who thinks Moly already dropped the ball with Powermonger? It was already clear from there where this person is heading...
Frankly, I never liked Populous that much either.

zappater

Novice
“You can also touch your wife in the game, and I will leave that to your imagination,” Molyneux said.

Peter Molyneux, merging RPGs with Japanese rape games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom